Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Norma Match

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Tacos!

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Handloads!

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
Federal Gold Medal Match Sierra OTM was hard to beat. It shot sub .05 MOA out of my 308 right out of the box. Never varied from box to box. Even out my present rifle Federal rules. I tried Hornady match and was all over the place. Then hand loaded the same brass and same Hornady pills and shot sub MOA real close to half MOA. I have never had good luck with Hornady. 6.5 might have something with the ELD pills. I don't know but I will find out as soon as I can just a box. I have been looking for a month and found one damn round in stock.
Any Hornady Superformance stuff I could never get to shoot well.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Penetration?

Yes. .308 whups 6.5CM in having less deflection after penetrating intermediate barriers, such as windshields, commercial/residential glass, etc. Bullet weight is the deciding factor in those cases.

I run my short actions out to 1,000-1250ish, depending on the gun. Both .308 and 6.5CM will do those distances handily. I wouldn’t get enough of an advantage from the 6.5CM in that arena to justify owning and loading a second caliber that is that similar to the .308.

Lastly, I’m sitting on top of in excess of 5,000 rounds of “match grade” .308, with the components on hand to more than double that.

You possibly can't use all of it. How about a liquidation sale?

Yes. .308 whups 6.5CM in having less deflection after penetrating intermediate barriers, such as windshields, commercial/residential glass, etc. Bullet weight is the deciding factor in those cases.

I run my short actions out to 1,000-1250ish, depending on the gun. Both .308 and 6.5CM will do those distances handily. I wouldn’t get enough of an advantage from the 6.5CM in that arena to justify owning and loading a second caliber that is that similar to the .308.

Lastly, I’m sitting on top of in excess of 5,000 rounds of “match grade” .308, with the components on hand to more than double that.

Back
Top Bottom