• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

6.0 Powerstroke Diesel

Bwahahaha!! You got me!! Damn don't let them scare you off! One good sound clip of it and you can't turn away:lol:
I'm too old to worry about all that. I was just looking for a forever hauler.

Besides, my Magnum R/T Hemi makes all the noise I need. :hat:

Gotta buddy that has a 2003-4, 6.0, that was studded and deleted at just over 100,000 miles. it is now just over 575,000 and still running strong and he works that truck.
My slow ass Clydesdale ( '97- 7.3) is just over 211,000 and I'd rather drive it than my 2010 gas Lariat with 185,000.
Just my 02, YMMV

I don’t know your budget but a 12 valve P pumped 2nd gen Dodge could be bought for reasonable, a few mods made to it, & what you are looking for basically done for a lot less money than modern trucks.

But you’re going to be in 1 of 2 camps with a diesel; really- there is no free lunch.

1. Make a Payment- late model something that has a Nationwide warranty.

2. Wrench on an older ride.

The 6.0s are old enough they fall into #2.

Sometimes you’ll be in both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have 266k on my 04 6.0. I bought it cheap because it wasn't running. After bulletproofing and having the ficm resoldered it is a great truck. I pull my large skid steer and mulching head with it and have never felt lack of power.

You can find 6.0 trucks cheap but there's a reason. Be sure to budget for everything needed to make them reliable.

there are still some 7.3's out there in good shape but the prices are going up instead of down. i daily drive my '01 plus haul a few cows with it now and then. my much newer gas burner just sits.

If you want to drop $5k to $6k to have one bulletproofed, it can be reliable.

As much as I've wanted a diesel (for no reason) and almost bought one a few years ago... I just can't. Practicality over desire. They're too heavy, too slow, stop at the pace of a freight train, more maintenance, expensive fuel, can't manage U-turns at most intersections, too big to park anywhere, the newer ones may or may not death wobble on you. I'll have to stick my to N/A V8 1/2 tons.

Back
Top Bottom