• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

41f and Persuant Kerfuffle

Um...no.

I assume no such thing. I have a trust myself and I had it drafted for neither of those two reasons. But to say, categorically, that trusts are not used to circumvent CLEO approvals is intellectually dishonest.
Not true for everyone Rom, our Cleo in Houston county doesn't have a problem signing. As previously stated I still went the trust route for my wife to be in legal possession of my nfa items and to have beneficiaries listed so my thousands of dollars don't just get turned over to the federal government.

Um...no.

I assume no such thing. I have a trust myself and I had it drafted for neither of those two reasons. But to say, categorically, that trusts are not used to circumvent CLEO approvals is intellectually dishonest.
So it is OK, according to you, to deny people their rights, if they live in the area with an anti-gun CLEO?
And we should not be availing ourselves of the remedy for a such a case, as prescribed in 1934, because it would be intellectually dishonest....
Oy vey.

For me it is an extra 50 per person on my trust. I have myself and 3 other people on my trust so now the cost is 200 plus the original 200.

I didn't get a trust to bypass the CLEO authorization, heck I can get that easy. I used a trust to avoid the time and expense of getting fingerprinted and photos taken....... Hell, I went one further, of my 14 NFA items 13 of them are Efile because I wanted to avoid the hassle and expense of printing two copies, writing a check, mailing forms. What can I say, I am a lazy son of a *****. My 14th NFA item wouldn't have even been purchased if @Nonliberal wasn't such a good friend and I didn't want to be one of the first to own one of his cans. I certainly didn't need it, and to be honest the whole "paper" route was more hassle than it was worth to me. I haven't purchased an NFA item since.
Man if I had to pay 400 per nfa item, I wouldn't be in the game at all! Lol

Man if I had to pay 400 per nfa item, I wouldn't be in the game at all! Lol

And that my friend is what one calls a restriction. :thumb: It's no different than requiring training to obtain a CCW license, and then pricing the training class very high and/or offering the class only on a few occasions.

Restrictions come in all shapes and sizes, and are not as black and white as some people like to falsely claim.

Kinda like handguns being legal in DC, but yet nobody being able to get a permit to buy one....

No, no, no - you're mistaken... :tsk: That is simply just a "hassle" and "cumbersome and painstaking" for those poor people. I'm sure if they look hard enough, they can find a "loophole"... :rolleyes:

I live in Georgia and my daughter lives in Florida. I have a SMG that I have owned for 40 years. Would it be possible to use a trust to permit transfer to my daughter upon my death? Who should I contact about handling this?

Back
Top Bottom