• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

41f and Persuant Kerfuffle

Ok so let's assume that individuals and SOTs won't be able to administer the fingerprinting for the purpose of NFA applications, and we are required to use a "qualified individual" (QI) that will likely be a county, state or federal representative. Is this QI going to be responsible for submitting them directly to the ATF? Hardcopy... via mail? I mean, if the QI is going to just hand over the print card to the applicant for submission to the ATF, what is to say there won't be any tampering between that point and when they are mailed with the application? Will the print card need to be certified by the QI's agency?

My recent need for prints for the ATF, the sheriff's office filled out the fingerprint card and certified them to be correct. They then gave them to me to mail. I suppose I could have altered them after the fact, although I am not sure how I would have. I'm sure somebody could figure out how. You do bring up a good point.

The whole thing is a damn mess and we need to be going the other direction.

My wife has never been fingerprinted in her life. If she submitted a form 1, they wouldn't be comparing her prints with anyones because her prints are not in any database. A large percent of our population has never been fingerprinted.
Yeah my wife neither. Gotcha, so then this makes HydroAuto HydroAuto point even more valid.

I have no skin in the NFA game but I love the word.

ker·fuf·fle
kərˈfəfəl/
noun
BRITISHinformal
noun: kerfuffle; plural noun: kerfuffles
  1. a commotion or fuss, especially one caused by conflicting views.
    "there was a kerfuffle over the chairmanship"

I have no skin in the NFA game but I love the word.

ker·fuf·fle
kərˈfəfəl/
noun
BRITISHinformal
noun: kerfuffle; plural noun: kerfuffles
  1. a commotion or fuss, especially one caused by conflicting views.
    "there was a kerfuffle over the chairmanship"
The word kerfuffle is an understatement currently. Haha. However it will all come out in the wash as they say.

They shot themselves in the foot by not saying it had to be LE. There are plenty of "qualified" private companies that do fingerprinting. Hell a lot of FFL's already do it for individuals. All they care about is if it is on the FBI card.
This.

There is absolutely zero way for them to verify, on a national scale, who actually did the fingerprinting.

I can get the fbi cards and ink on amazon. Now im qualified to take my own prints, yay! Unless anymore clarification comes out for "qualified person" this is how I see it LOL!!!

Back
Top Bottom