• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

41f and Persuant Kerfuffle

Fingerprinting does not have to be done by your sheriff or anyone law enforcement.

Even for your FFL? ATF told me otherwise. I could have just gotten "the new girl" on the phone that day.

I keep reading people saying that, but even 41F is worded "qualified individual". Who besides law enforcement is a qualified individual?

Last edited:
Even for your FFL? ATF told me otherwise. I could have just gotten "the new girl" on the phone that day.

I keep reading people saying that, but even 41F is worded "qualified individual". Who besides law enforcement is a qualified individual?

Whomever they deem them to be...which, at this point, no one knows.

Whomever they deem them to be...which, at this point, no one knows.
This sucks too! Lol. I thought we were gonna be able to download the fingerprint cards and do them at home. Of course things r never this simple with the federal government! Lol. I've been working for them for 17 years.

This sucks too! Lol. I thought we were gonna be able to download the fingerprint cards and do them at home. Of course things r never this simple with the federal government! Lol. I've been working for them for 17 years.

You really think they are going to trust you to A.) fingerprint yourself correctly, and B.) Not actually send them prints that belong to somebody else? Yeah, good luck with that. I'll believe it when I see it.

I MIGHT believe that they may let SOTs send an employee through "training" and have that employee be a "qualified individual" but I am not holding my breath for that one either.

You really think they are going to trust you to A.) fingerprint yourself correctly, and B.) Not actually send them prints that belong to somebody else? Yeah, good luck with that. I'll believe it when I see it.
A) I can understand ur statement
B) I don't understand ur point because what is the whole reason for fingerprints if they can't even decipher who's they r. Run the prints and it matches all ur info, g2g. If prints don't match, well then it's obvious. Don't approve and investigate y.
Along with B, they r apparently gonna trust us to send in a completed copy of our form 1 or 4 without confirmation that we actually did it? Lol

Ok so let's assume that individuals and SOTs won't be able to administer the fingerprinting for the purpose of NFA applications, and we are required to use a "qualified individual" (QI) that will likely be a county, state or federal representative. Is this QI going to be responsible for submitting them directly to the ATF? Hardcopy... via mail? I mean, if the QI is going to just hand over the print card to the applicant for submission to the ATF, what is to say there won't be any tampering between that point and when they are mailed with the application? Will the print card need to be certified by the QI's agency? Seems like digital applications would make more sense. You submit your paperwork and get a control number, then go to the QI to get your prints taken and attach the control number to the prints and send them directly from QI to ATF to be matched up with your application.

Last edited:
B) I don't understand ur point because what is the whole reason for fingerprints if they can't even decipher who's they r. Run the prints and it matches all ur info, g2g. If prints don't match, well then it's obvious. Don't approve and investigate y.
Along with B, they r apparently gonna trust us to send in a completed copy of our form 1 or 4 without confirmation that we actually did it? Lol

My wife has never been fingerprinted in her life. If she submitted a form 1, they wouldn't be comparing her prints with anyones because her prints are not in any database. A large percent of our population has never been fingerprinted.

Ok so let's assume that individuals and SOTs won't be able to administer the fingerprinting for the purpose of NFA applications, and we are required to use a "qualified individual" (QI) that will likely be a county, state or federal representative. Is this QI going to be responsible for submitting them directly to the ATF? Hardcopy... via mail? I mean, if the QI is going to just hand over the print card to the applicant for submission to the ATF, what is to say there won't be any tampering between that point and when they are mailed with the application? Will the print card need to be certified by the QI's agency?
Kinda what I was thinking also. Obviously there's gonna have to be a signature of some sort to verify we didn't just do it at home.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom