• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1983 C10 w/ TH350 rubber mount location options/question

Cadcom

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
506   0
Reaction score
I dropped my old TH350 out of my 1983 C10 and bolted in a working TH350. I was rolling right along and then I hit a wall. I can't get the rear rubber mount bolt to drop in the crossmember. The bolt sits about 1.25" to far forward (towards the motor). I flipped my old tranny over and took a look and there are two threaded mounting locations for the transmission mount. The one I was using on the old TH350 is circled in red and the one I have on the new tranny (as well as the old one) is circled in yellow. Is there an offset mount available or do I need another crossmember? Or am I just out of luck here.

Attachments

• IMG-3098.jpg
    IMG-3098.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG-3099.jpg
    IMG-3099.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 33

Similar to what I have - but I think I found one that might work. Looks like this tranny may have been behind a late 70's Cutlass or Grand Prix (maybe). They make an offset mount for those. It's on it's way now.

Just swap the rear housing, the one that came out of your truck is a after market made by advanced adapter your truck came with a 700R4 transmission

Just swap the rear housing, the one that came out of your truck is a after market made by advanced adapter your truck came with a 700R4 transmission
That's what I was hoping to do. But it seems like both sets of mounting locations are part of the TH350 housing. I can pull the tailshaft off but then it's all case. It's weird.

Back
Top Bottom