• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

11/13/2015 Paris Attack

CNN was just talking about what type of training these shooters would have needed.
The C.I.A. (retired) guy hit it on the head when he said that these guys would have to have trained together, trusted each other, & known who was willing to pull the trigger & handle his responsibilities, etc. during the attack... in otherwords Mindset as well as violence of action.

So my question is whether it be an attack on this scale that one & ones family gets caught up in, or one as small as the one in Chattanooga..... how prepared are you individually, both in mindset & skillset, to defend yourself given the opportunity?

Also, who would you trust to stand by you in that kind of a situation?

I feel very fortunate that some of my best shooters have become very good friends socially.... some ex-mil, some ex-L.E. and some civvies w/ safe handling habits, patriotic values, that carry a mid. to full sized pistol everyday, & train & shoot very well under stress.

P.S. These attacks have become more sophisticated & will continue to do so.... classic Sun-Tzu.

Last edited:
Well it's not the politicans being murdered its innocent people. Coming out and saying **** the French I don't feel sorry for them is incredibly ignorant at this time and will only serve to solidify the media's narrative of lunatic gun owners.

I definitely could have phrased it better. But no, I'm not going to lose sleep tonight. See Hermet's post (#60). That's what I was going for, and that's how I feel. No apologizes.

CNN was just talking about what type of training these shooters would have needed.
The C.I.A. (retired) guy hit it on the head when he said that these guys would have to have trained together, trusted each other, & known who was willing to pull the trigger & handle his responsibilities, etc. during the attack... in otherwords Mindset as well as violence of action.

So my question is whether it be an attack on this scale that one & ones family gets caught up in, or one as small as the one in Chattanooga..... how prepared are you individually, both in mindset & skillset, to defend yourself given the opportunity?

Also, who would you trust to stand by you in that kind of a situation?

I feel very fortunate that some of my best shooters have become very good friends socially.... some ex-mil, some ex-L.E. and some civvies w/ safe handling habits, patriotic values, that carry a mid. to full sized pistol everyday, & train & shoot very well under stress.

P.S. These attacks have become more sophisticated & will continue to do so.... classic Sun-Tzu.

Very true. What you said is along the same paradigm I was coming from in my post earlier in this thread. Mindset has SOOOO MUCH to do with outcome (for good guy and bad guy)

Last trip we spent 3 weeks over there back in March...security has always been tight. Actually photogragh and weigh each piece of luggage and attach that file to your travel records electronically.
CDG airport has always had fully armed soldiers everywhere.

I definitely could have phrased it better. But no, I'm not going to lose sleep tonight. See Hermet's post (#60). That's what I was going for, and that's how I feel. No apologizes.
Yeah I agree with what you was trying to say. Just deffinantly worded it wrong.

If and when this stuff start happening again in the US all it will do is give the lib tards in Washington more excuses to go after guns and disarm innocent people.
It's very clear who's side the liberals are on in Washington.

Way past due time to take our country back so we can protect it and ourselves.
I'm more afraid of Washington than I am of a foreign invasion, Isis or a friggin asteroid.

Time to get some balls in Washington.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom