• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

This guy was on the FBI’s Radar. Again they will investigate but didn’t do squat to stop the attack.

Grub Master

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
102   0
Reaction score
Fox News
Authorities are investigating Bickford for potential ties to Islamic extremism. A high-level police source told Fox News Digital that Bickford was being watched by the FBI's counterterrorism task force in the weeks leading up to Saturday's attack. The source also said Bickford recently converted to Islam and a tipster claimed he had expressed interest in going to Afghanistan.

"I want to be clear that the FBI, through the Joint Terrorism Task Force, is working very closely with [NYPD] to determine the nature of this attack," the FBI's Michael Driscoll said at the Sunday news conference. "And we will run every lead to ground. I also want to be very clear, as you've heard said tonight previously, this is very much an ongoing investigation, so our ability to talk about specifics is limited."

Seems the FBI and the other alphabet agencies are good at watching while doing nothing preventative. Then they’ll send in the suits to waste time an money investigating the obvious. This is the same crap we’ve heard many times. The shooter was on our radar, we have heard chatter, relatives said, etc. But then they sat on their hands and watched it happened. There’s a higher chance of getting shot at trying to stop a criminal than investigating a crime after the fact. Wonder if they get overtime while investigating an attack?
The cops should be able to sue the FBI if they dropped the ball. Maybe they would start being proactive. I doubt it.
Rant over, for now.

Fox News
Authorities are investigating Bickford for potential ties to Islamic extremism. A high-level police source told Fox News Digital that Bickford was being watched by the FBI's counterterrorism task force in the weeks leading up to Saturday's attack. The source also said Bickford recently converted to Islam and a tipster claimed he had expressed interest in going to Afghanistan.

"I want to be clear that the FBI, through the Joint Terrorism Task Force, is working very closely with [NYPD] to determine the nature of this attack," the FBI's Michael Driscoll said at the Sunday news conference. "And we will run every lead to ground. I also want to be very clear, as you've heard said tonight previously, this is very much an ongoing investigation, so our ability to talk about specifics is limited."

Seems the FBI and the other alphabet agencies are good at watching while doing nothing preventative. Then they’ll send in the suits to waste time an money investigating the obvious. This is the same crap we’ve heard many times. The shooter was on our radar, we have heard chatter, relatives said, etc. But then they sat on their hands and watched it happened. There’s a higher chance of getting shot at trying to stop a criminal than investigating a crime after the fact. Wonder if they get overtime while investigating an attack?
The cops should be able to sue the FBI if they dropped the ball. Maybe they would start being proactive. I doubt it.
Rant over, for now.
"Proactive" crime prevention?
Arrests for thought crimes now?

Fox News

Rant over, for now.
Talking about it isn't a crime. He broke no laws until he started swinging. What you're suggesting is that the various law enforcement agencies be given the power to arrest people for venting and expressing they frustration. That's a slippery slope I don't care to be on.

Never said he should be arrested for thoughts.
It’s another case of the FBI admitting they’re watching someone, and then investigating after the fact. What’s the solution?
You tell us. You don’t seem to care for the current system and are advocating change. You’re also the one who complained that the FBI didn’t stop a criminal and came in after the fact. What exactly were they supposed to do? What crime(s) had he committed before he started swinging a machete?

I'm sure they are watching people who have at some point posted, said, or texted some key phrases or words. It wouldn't take much for an AI program to run through all the data they're collecting, flag certain people and create a file on us.

Majority of us here could have a small file that never had human eyes look at it before, only when they search for our name after an incident they will say they were "aware" of us and were "monitoring" us.

It’s even more amazing how little press this is getting. I mean, it should be amazing, but in this bizarro world we now live in, I’m not surprised at all by the media’s malfeasance.

Because he was very obviously an islamic extremist. Media can't even put those two words together nowadays. If it's not a white kid, expect no coverage.

Back
Top Bottom