10 Millimeter Madne$$ or did I screw it up?

Beautiful!

Darren,

It is but only through your support and assistance. Thank you sir! Now you need to shoot it.

Thanks to Nate at Ft. Daniel for locating a used lathe and his technical advice. A thanks also goes out to Pale Rider in TN. as well for his TIG artwork.

Thanks for everyone’s kind remarks. I considered quitting. I did let it set for a few months until I finally became inspired to move forward once again. It was nearly done last fall but a 1/8th inch mill cut pushed the date out. I would have left it with 90 degree cuts but I’m actually glad it happened. It’s exactly as I had envisioned it.

Granny always said things happen for a reason. I think she was right.

Last edited:
Chris! This turned out great! Its a real man that turns chicken crap into chicken soup!

I love how this turned out, and the engineering that went into it. Way to go outlaw!

This is probably the best "shadetree" gunsmithing I've ever seen. That is just one badass piece of hardware. Now, here's a stupid question. What's it for? And what I mean is there a specific purpose for this gun or did you just want the most hotrod longslide 10mm in the Southland? Must shoot like a dream.

Way to go outlaw!

Yes and I have the tickets to prove it!

Nice pistole, how's it shoot, now when did you get the dirt bike, hommie?

The 135 grainers make a spectacular sight ripping water filled soda cans apart. It’s a very accurate gun but then you will find out when you visit. Picked up the dirt bike in 2001, it needs a total rebuild top/bottom. I got rid of the GSXR, the Judge said it was the smartest thing I did.

What's it for? And what I mean is there a specific purpose for this gun or did you just want the most hotrod longslide 10mm in the Southland? Must shoot like a dream.

I was thinking a 24/7 (day-night) hog pistol and yes I’m a performance junkie from guns, cars and motorcycles.

Sweeeeet!! I love 10mm, nice lathe too. Any chronograph data on the longer barrel?

Thanks! I got some data last fall but I didn’t write it down. I’ll fix that tomorrow at the range.

I knew this pistol was pretty accurate so I grabbed a HK Expert that is currently my most accurate centerfire pistol. I also brought the Glock 20 factory slide/barrel to compare with the long slide/Storm Lake barrel. The distance was 15 yards at a series 3/4" dots.

From left to right, left are the results of the factory Glock. The spread is about 2" min. to 5" max. and the rounds are high in relationship to point of aim.

The second row, the HK Expert shows why it's a top shelf pistol. I must say the target sights are really, really good. The trigger is really, really good as well, these coupled with HK's engineering make for a superbly accurate combat pistol.

The third row, this is the second row of rounds fired from the Glock 20 long slide. It compares well to the HK Expert. The trigger is factory standard and the groups might tighten up a tad with a minus connector and a 6# trigger return spring.

The fourth and final row was actually the first row I shot. The bottom 3/4" dot was the sight in dot. The sights were set on the third rear sight change. I noticed the Docter Red Dot optic had a wandering dot, until I set the set screws for windage and elevation.

i49.tinypic.com_30hy9g6.jpg

The feet per second was actually less than I expected. I thought the 10mm 135 grain rounds were pushing 1,500 FPS out of a factory barrel but today they were running a high of 1,410 FPS and a low of 1,346 FPS. The 6.02" Storm Lake barrel was spitting them out at a high of 1,522 FPS and a low of 1,430 FPS on a cool day with cool ammo. July might see some higher speeds due to heat.

i49.tinypic.com_2i8w09k.jpg

i46.tinypic.com_14mb292.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom