• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

10/9 Hunt

Everybody that has hunted has been there..
It doesn't take the sting out but the big ones keep us coming back

I think the blessing is hes still out there!

He was just as big or bigger than all them big ones I have. I'll play that shot over in my head 1000 times. I'll never take a front on shot with a crossbow again. That was stupid of me.

He was just as big or bigger than all them big ones I have. I'll play that shot over in my head 1000 times. I'll never take a front on shot with a crossbow again. That was stupid of me.
Well darn. I hate it for you, but he should be fine. I mentioned in a post yesterday that I put an arrow in a big buck several years ago in Gwinnett, and he showed back up on camera three weeks later.

Well darn. I hate it for you, but he should be fine. I mentioned in a post yesterday that I put an arrow in a big buck several years ago in Gwinnett, and he showed back up on camera three weeks later.

I ended up finding the hottest spot I've ever seen hunting. Probably saw 30 or more scrapes and just as many rubs today.

Silver lining!

The number of scrapes we found there has to be at least 4 or 5 bucks hitting that area. This one will be back when he's horny enough and his leg stops hurting. I found a new spot and know not to take a frontal shot with my crossbow so it wasn't all bad. Still kicking myself though. He was 20 yards tops. Such an easy shot if he had turned. I had him broadside at 20 but the eye relief on the crossbow scope is garbageand I couldn't get a shot before he turned and looked right up at me. I might buy a new crossbow next year with a better scope.

Everybody that has hunted has been there..
It doesn't take the sting out but the big ones keep us coming back

I think the blessing is hes still out there!
About 15 years ago I was hunting in Alabama in a box stand and put my Bino's on a shelf. I would just grab them and look when I needed them. Saw some movement late and and grabbed my Bino's it was a monster. I let my Bino's go forgetting they weren't around my neck in my excitement... In case you didn't know Bino's have the aerodynamics like a set of car keys..
Bam they hit the floor... I got to see ass and elbows and glimpse of a monster....

T

The number of scrapes we found there has to be at least 4 or 5 bucks hitting that area. This one will be back when he's horny enough and his leg stops hurting. I found a new spot and know not to take a frontal shot with my crossbow so it wasn't all bad. Still kicking myself though. He was 20 yards tops. Such an easy shot if he had turned. I had him broadside at 20 but the eye relief on the crossbow scope is garbageand I couldn't get a shot before he turned and looked right up at me. I might buy a new crossbow next year with a better scope.
Hate you didn’t find him, just learn from your mistakes we all make them.I’ve been hunting 50 years and still make them it’s very easy at the heat of moment.your experience this morning is the the answer to the question you asked me about bow hunting the other day.it was about a 150 looked for days never seen again.

I won't even do it with a rifle. I did that with a .270 from 15 yards off the ground. I lost the deer and will never do that one again. Broadside or they walk for me. It sucks, I've been there.

Back
Top Bottom