• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

10/9 Hunt

OK karlvv30 karlvv30 Inquiring Minds want to know...!

Found the other half of the bolt. It didn't punch through the brisket. Best I can figure is it skidded down the side of his brisket and stuck in his leg. Blood was spotty the whole time until it dried up at .2 miles. No air in it, no arterial spray. That deer is still alive. I won't make that mistake again. I thought for sure I'd punch through that brisket. Fml.

Found the other half of the bolt. It didn't punch through the brisket. Best I can figure is it skidded down the side of his brisket and stuck in his leg. Blood was spotty the whole time until it dried up at .2 miles. No air in it, no arterial spray. That deer is still alive. I won't make that mistake again. I thought for sure I'd punch through that brisket. Fml.
Hate that for you. I have memories from 3 nice bucks over the last 7 years that I’ve lost. Still haunts me

Everybody that has hunted has been there..
It doesn't take the sting out but the big ones keep us coming back

I think the blessing is hes still out there!

Back
Top Bottom