• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Zoysia grass

Hr00544

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
6   0
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with zoysia grass and fungus? My yard has declined at a rapid rate and I'm in search of help. I've had trugreen taking care of it long story. I have attached pictures for anyone knowledgeable.
12616c914a3b5fd84435d3c09e49b13d.jpg
747cb2fa5ad9239d8f495bdc14c6f08c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't sweat it just yet. 1. I'd fire Tru Green (I've never heard anything good about them) and find a local company. That's what we did, and we get better service for similar money. 2. I'd dethatch my whole yard. 3. I'd aerate my whole yard. 4. I'd put down a good quality fertilizer (go easy on the nitrogen, which is the first number on the fertilizer bag). Grass is pretty tough. It'll bounce back. Keep in mind that it's still REAL early in the spring.

I wouldn't sweat it just yet. 1. I'd fire Tru Green (I've never heard anything good about them) and find a local company. That's what we did, and we get better service for similar money. 2. I'd dethatch my whole yard. 3. I'd aerate my whole yard. 4. I'd put down a good quality fertilizer (go easy on the nitrogen, which is the first number on the fertilizer bag). Grass is pretty tough. It'll bounce back. Keep in mind that it's still REAL early in the spring.
^^^^ This

You recently had a frost hit your yard right where you see the browning.It's very common on zoysia and happens all the time.Tru-green did nothing wrong it's just mother nature doing her business. Ignore the no nothin's here you'll be fine.Tru-green did what needed to be done and appropriately recommended the correct solution to other possible problems in your yard.Thatch build up probably is not a problem nor is it advisable to aereate after pre-emergent as it will break the barrier that it provides leaving your yard suseptible to weed where every hole punctures the soil.

Back
Top Bottom