• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Zombie Apocalypse EDC Knife..?

hate_zombies_sticker_400.jpg

Flydawg, you had me right up until I read 'carbon steel' on ZT's website. They are doing some great things, I just can't make that kind of investment in carbon steel. Heck, I have trouble keeping my stainless knives and tools from rusting! If they ever switch over to CPM4V, I'd be ALL OVER it!

Last edited:
Flydawg, you had me right up until I read 'carbon steel' on ZT's website. They are doing some great things, I just can't make that kind of investment in carbon steel. Heck, I have trouble keeping my stainless knives and tools from rusting! If they every switch over to CPM4V, I'd be ALL OVER it!

Yeah, these are NOT fine instruments of cutlery. They are interesting shaped pieces of 1/4" steel that are sharpened for STABBING & HACKING. However, I see claims of 5160 steel, which according to my research contains chromium for rust resistance, and 5160 steel is also known for holding a very sharp edge.

Yeah, these are NOT fine instruments of cutlery. They are interesting shaped pieces of 1/4" steel that are sharpened for STABBING & HACKING. However, I see claims of 5160 steel, which according to my research contains chromium for rust resistance, and 5160 steel is also known for holding a very sharp edge.

Any idea what a similiar alloy with a little more chromium would be? I agree though, 5160 is great stuff! I've got a knife or two made of it. My personal favorite non-stainless is D2, followed closely by L6. http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/th...ial-ODT-quot-Knives-quot-Picture-Thread/page6
My zombie knives are in post #59. They are L6 and KG Gunkoted. Some of the ZT blade shapes are super cool. I like the "Felon" and that Chinese patterned one.

I'm certainly no metallurgist, only reporting what I read. I am liking the ZT items for their brute strength and toughness. The cool factor is pretty high for these guys too.

image.jpg

Small sampling, I think u could plow thru a heard in chainmail with a mace and shield. If I could add a very loud stereo playing Pantera I would call that a fun after noon :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom