• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your favorite guns for SHTF.

Lwrc 14.5in DI w/ vortex viper PST and buis with 4 mags, S&W MP2.0 9 with 3 mags and 1 22rd, skip the shotgun and give me my 22mag with a can and 4 mags plus a few hundred rounds.

This thread has some interesting picks . But I've noticed so far nobody has mentioned the Sub2000. I have a Ruger PC9 that I really dig since it can use the same mags as my G19. But it's a bit on the heavy side. I like the take down ability and fluted threaded barrel but I still wonder if the Sub2K folder might accomplish the same task while taking up less space and has to be lighter.
They just don't seem sturdy enough for the job.

I stated I'll take a Sub-2000 to hang with a Glock 17.

This thread has some interesting picks . But I've noticed so far nobody has mentioned the Sub2000. I have a Ruger PC9 that I really dig since it can use the same mags as my G19. But it's a bit on the heavy side. I like the take down ability and fluted threaded barrel but I still wonder if the Sub2K folder might accomplish the same task while taking up less space and has to be lighter.

I stated I'll take a Sub-2000 to hang with a Glock 17.
It does seem like a solid pair. Granted I've never shot or even held a Sub2K but from the reviews I've read and watched that was one of the kodels Kel Tec got right. Like I said before I dig my PC9 especially since it's ambidextrous. But it's also on the heavy side. The take down part is cool but I just don't see it being as handy as the Kel Tec folder. So...yeah I would probably trade my PC9 for a Sub2K. And that's saying something because I believe the Ruger build quality is most likely better than thw Sub2K.

I havent even shot my Sub-2000 Gen 2 yet, but its a neat rifle. The folding is what always drawn me to the gun. I've put on a 9mm suppressor on it for looks and it still handles pretty well.

It does seem like a solid pair. Granted I've never shot or even held a Sub2K but from the reviews I've read and watched that was one of the kodels Kel Tec got right. Like I said before I dig my PC9 especially since it's ambidextrous. But it's also on the heavy side. The take down part is cool but I just don't see it being as handy as the Kel Tec folder. So...yeah I would probably trade my PC9 for a Sub2K. And that's saying something because I believe the Ruger build quality is most likely better than thw Sub2K.

I know, I know, everyone here is prepared for SHTF/Invasion/WROL/ETC. Random scenario. Ok, you have your favorite guns in your vehicle (whether you own them or not). A message over the loudspeakers at your place of employment come on and states breaking news that the country is being invaded by parachuting forces (Red Dawn). You have 3 guns: pistol, rifle, shotgun. They can be tricked out with fancy bells and whistles, but you only have 3 pistol mags, 3 rifle mags, and 20 shots of shotgun shells. It's 30 miles to your house where you have to drive, walk, etc to make it home. List your 3 guns and honestly think and answer if you can make it home with the loadout you selected and why. Go!
I'll start off saying I would have a Glock 17 MOS with ZEV internals, Trijicon RMR, Viridian laser/light combo with compatible holster, and 33 round mags. Kel-Tec Sub-2000 Glock mag model, M-CARBO stock & red dot mount, Sig Romeo 5, 33 round mags, MagPul RVG, and SureFire Ryder 9 Ti-2 suppressor, and MagPul QD mounted sling. Benelli M4 with ghost ring sights, Streamlight PolyTac LED flashlight, side saddle, and Blue Force Gear bungee sling QD mounted.
And I will make it home due to my choices of guns. Police departments carry Glock, Glock has a HQ here, and they are everywhere. Mag sharing between the Glock and Kel-Tec will be my friend.
If I still have power- 85E738B5-C0EB-47FE-A826-ED27BCE96DE2.png

Back
Top Bottom