• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your favorite guns for SHTF.

AK74U

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
89   0
Reaction score
I know, I know, everyone here is prepared for SHTF/Invasion/WROL/ETC. Random scenario. Ok, you have your favorite guns in your vehicle (whether you own them or not). A message over the loudspeakers at your place of employment come on and states breaking news that the country is being invaded by parachuting forces (Red Dawn). You have 3 guns: pistol, rifle, shotgun. They can be tricked out with fancy bells and whistles, but you only have 3 pistol mags, 3 rifle mags, and 20 shots of shotgun shells. It's 30 miles to your house where you have to drive, walk, etc to make it home. List your 3 guns and honestly think and answer if you can make it home with the loadout you selected and why. Go!
I'll start off saying I would have a Glock 17 MOS with ZEV internals, Trijicon RMR, Viridian laser/light combo with compatible holster, and 33 round mags. Kel-Tec Sub-2000 Glock mag model, M-CARBO stock & red dot mount, Sig Romeo 5, 33 round mags, MagPul RVG, and SureFire Ryder 9 Ti-2 suppressor, and MagPul QD mounted sling. Benelli M4 with ghost ring sights, Streamlight PolyTac LED flashlight, side saddle, and Blue Force Gear bungee sling QD mounted.
And I will make it home due to my choices of guns. Police departments carry Glock, Glock has a HQ here, and they are everywhere. Mag sharing between the Glock and Kel-Tec will be my friend.

Suppressed browning buckmark (even though that's less rounds), 14.5 Giesselle super duty with 1x8/light/peq15/suppressor, shockwave (lighter). Light, quiet and accurate is the name of the game. Probably use that shockwave where applicable at first so I can ditch it.

Ditching the shotgun...

Extra weight That I don't want or need. Oz make Lbs and Lbs = Pain. 30 miles is a long ruck and I would wanna minimize weight, and visible footprint. The object would be get home without a firefight... not be Rambo.

Otherwise.... This pair would do nicely
ST9btZgNr41Xj9W6KAexpNRbCbrchecjrAkvN6Usqsg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom