• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You want to BUY my gun but....

We all need to put our year make and model in description so we can see the manufacturer “mpg” that no one ever gets. The flipper will pull up in a electric car and say they drive a diesel but it broke down.

Exactly I don’t mind meeting halfway but don’t take it out of my money lol
I think it was more like an offer of $550 with an extra $50 if you travelled all the way. Depending on the distance that sounds fair to me (ex. 2 hours of driving is worth $50 to me depending on the day).

I always figure a 50/50 split for driving, buying or selling.

If it's too lopsided I'll either discount some (selling) or negotiate a lower price (buying). It's always worked out in the end. The people who say 'close to me' are usually cool about factoring that into the price.

you don’t want to give my price because you have to use your gas on coming to get it? I don’t get how that drops the value of my weapon. The gas wasn’t included in the asking price :censored: EX: price set at 600 gets me “550 if you meet halfway, 600 if you come to me” someone explain to me how this works...
NOT WANTING TO SELL JUST CHECKING TO SEE WHATS OUT THERE? HELLO

So back in the day ODT didn't show your location.

As the ol' story goes, guy PM's another guy wanting said item but said let's meet half way. Asked the other guy where he was and then offered to meet at the Waffle House in such and such a town which was about half way between the two.

So they met, did the deal in the parking lot, and about that time someone walks out of the WH. "Hey Jim, how's it going?" the patron asked.

Seems ol' Jim snookered the seller into travelling to him.

True story, but the names were changed to protect the guilty.

So back in the day ODT didn't show your location.

As the ol' story goes, guy PM's another guy wanting said item but said let's meet half way. Asked the other guy where he was and then offered to meet at the Waffle House in such and such a town which was about half way between the two.

So they met, did the deal in the parking lot, and about that time someone walks out of the WH. "Hey Jim, how's it going?" the patron asked.

Seems ol' Jim snookered the seller into travelling to him.

True story, but the names were changed to protect the guilty.

I had the almost same thing once. Guy said we could meet halfway which would have been Snellville, come to find out the guy lived in Snellville.

you don’t want to give my price because you have to use your gas on coming to get it? I don’t get how that drops the value of my weapon. The gas wasn’t included in the asking price :censored: EX: price set at 600 gets me “550 if you meet halfway, 600 if you come to me” someone explain to me how this works...
dON'T YOU GET A BREAK IF YOU DRIVE 30 MILES TO A STORE TO BUY A GUN>

Back
Top Bottom