you gonna get the vaccine?

I work in logistics, cold chain supply of frozen foods. There is a reason why the U.S. only bought enough for 100 million people less than a third of our population, while letting the Europeans contract twice as much from Pfizer an American company.
Most cold trailers that you'll see the FedEx trucks haul can keep temps in the teens. The Pfizer vaccine needs a temp of negative 70 degrees F.
Lots & lots of dry ice is required for temporary storage of up to 5 days then administered to people or back to -70 degrees the vaccine should be kept.
There are multiple issues w/ distributing and storing. There probably isnt enough production to make all of the dry ice. Dry ice immediately evaporates/sublimates unless kept at -109 F.
Large special very cold freezers will be required obviously and they are almost non existent at hospitals.
Multiple manufacturing locations for the vaccine will help.
The Biden administration needs to lock in a contract with Moderna the other pharmaceutical before anyone else, as their vaccine can be kept at -20. They are much further behind on production though.
People will need two shots 4-6 weeks apart to be protected. Some studies suggest this will produce antibodies for up to 6 months. Then more vaccines will be required.
Ultimately, I think January 2022 is optimistic for most to have received and then the flu season will be half over and by fall of 2022 the vaccines protection will mostly be gone.
Covid19 could be with us till 2023 with another 300+ thousand deaths. Illness and economic disruptions arnt going away. Relief & stimulus is needed.

I cannot for the life of me understand what all the hullaballoo is all about. Just get the damn shot and move on. I remember having to line up in a hangar and take a swine flu shot when I was in the air force. We all survived, (although some used it as an excuse to chase pigs in the bar... :rolleyes:)

The sooner we get around this thing, the sooner life gets closer to normal. I hear people doing the conspiracy theory thing no matter what comes down the pipe. At some point, you have to get over that crap.

:amen:
Exactly. I've watched and fought against the growing trend of conspiracy theories for several years now. There have always been some, but most people realized they were being promoted by fringe nut cases. Now they seem to have become the norm, especially here on ODT.

They've become so prevalent that they are now interfering in the real world. This vaccine is a perfect example of that. There has to be a certain percentage of people that get the vaccine before things can truly get back to normal and the anti vaccer CTs are going to slow that process down as much as they can and then plead innocent.

They will claim that they have the choice not to get the vaccine (which they do) and are not stopping anyone else from getting if they want, yet then they heap derision and insults on anyone that says they will get it. It fits with the psychology of conspiracy theorists because one of their main motivations is to believe they are more intelligent and "In the know" than everyone else. It would just be sad if it hadn't started having negative effects on others.

My grandmother lived through the Spanish flu pandemic as a teenager. The pandemic lasted three years, and she and her family wore cloth masks during that time.

Lol!

565024F4-39CC-4D50-BDC3-AF3ABE99CC43.jpeg

Бесплатный cerakote для всех товарищей. Нам нужно, чтобы наше оружие выглядело наилучшим образом для революции!
Da, tovarishch, ya bol'she ne budu vzimat' platu za svoi uslugi, ya raskayalsya v svoikh zlykh kapitalisticheskikh putyakh, s etogo dnya plody truda prinadlezhat revolyutsii, chtoby lyudi mogli delat' to, chto oni vidyat luchshe vsego.

Back
Top Bottom