Votes: 25 35.2%
  • Who put the HiPoint in a Glock mold ?

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Not with your **** !

Votes: 8 11.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Have you ever taken an XD apart?

I owned an XDm 3.8 9mm, loved the way it felt in the hand and was amazingly accurate. I made one range trip with it and fired about 200 rounds. Decided when I got home to do a complete take down for cleaning (Big Mistake). After watching several different youtube videos, and looking up diagrams, I was finally able to figure out where all the springs came from. Needless to say, I traded it for a Glock the very next day.

Not sure what your issue was but I have found the XD to be the most simple gun to assemble/disassemble. Nothing to it.

Not sure what your issue was but I have found the XD to be the most simple gun to assemble/disassemble. Nothing to it.

Maybe the XDm is different from the XD, I have no idea but I do know I won't own another. I had a particular hard time with the grip safety springs (the one where there is a spring inside the other spring) I didn't notice that when I took it apart, and then I had an extra spring laying around to which I had no idea where it went. Even after find out where it went It was not the easiest spring to get back in.

There is not a chance that the XD, XDm or the XDs are even remotely as easy to disassemble/assemble as a Glock or even a 1911 for that matter.

Like most people on here I have tried most the major brand polymer pistols (Glock, XD, M&P) in that price range but the XD line won me over. I felt it pointed more naturally and I liked the grip and trigger better. I have since bought 4 of them. And so what if there was a recall on the XDs? It just made a safe gun safer. Every auto company has had plenty of recalls on their vehicals but you still drive a car dont you? Even the food you eat has had recalls! But unless you live on an Amish commune and grow your own food you still go to the grocery store...
They are all great guns but this is America and we get choices. So the choice Is yours! Pick the one that fits you best, you cant make a bad mistake. But if you decide you didnt like it, thats what the ODT forum is for.

And obviously the Glock is still improving, Gen 4 anyone??

Just my 3 cents.

XD's, XDs, and XDm's are great pistols. I own every caliber XD or XDm except for 357 sig. Thousands of rounds through
all of them w/o a single problem. The grip angle and overall feel of the XD series is far superior to Glock. They could be made in North Korea and I'd still buy em. The Croatians made an excellent pistol and SA was smart enough to capitalize on it.

Maybe the XDm is different from the XD, I have no idea but I do know I won't own another. I had a particular hard time with the grip safety springs (the one where there is a spring inside the other spring) I didn't notice that when I took it apart, and then I had an extra spring laying around to which I had no idea where it went. Even after find out where it went It was not the easiest spring to get back in.

There is not a chance that the XD, XDm or the XDs are even remotely as easy to disassemble/assemble as a Glock or even a 1911 for that matter.

The double spring you speak of is the sear spring. The grip safety has a single spring and their is really no reason to ever take the grip safety apart unless you are installing an aftermarket grip safety.

I am a certified Glock armorer and have worked on hundreds of Glocks, I can disassemble and reassemble them with my eyes closed. I am not a Springfield armorer but I have worked on dozens and find that after you disassemble and reassemble them just a few times it is easy to do. I have broken the XDm's all the way down to add titanium components and reduced power springs as well as trigger kits. Its really not that difficult.

The only difference between the XD and XDm's disassembly is that they made a change in the trigger mechanism so that you don't have to pull the trigger on the XDm to remove the slide like you do on the XD.

A Glock is a Glock but an XD is a CROATIAN SENSATION!!!

Back
Top Bottom