• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wow.

while i agree with your guys sentiment, the fact remains that they don't foreclose on your home unless you fail to pay to amount agreed upon in your mortgage contract.

Three tours in iraq and even with the extra pay couldn't keep current on his mortgage? There is something else going on here.

I am in no way condoning the foreclosure of the homes of our veterans, however i don't believe the spray paint on the garage door is telling the whole tale.

I could be wrong though i suppose.

agreed!

This. My nephew served in iraq 3 times. This PISSED him off. Im sure that guy made more than enough money to pay his bills. He chose not to. Just because your in the military does not mean you dont have to pay your bills. If we bailed out everybody who did not pay their mortgage we would be more in debt than we already are.

My nephew knew this guys pay grade. He said there is no reason why he could not afford that house.
Agreed there are safe guards out there to protect Servicemembers from foreclosures while deployed, such as SCRA. Plus the military has assistance programs for Servicemembers in financial need. Unless this was a guardsmen or reservist who's civilian job exceeded his military pay there is no excuse. IE: civilian lawyer,doctor,engineer and part time private in the guard. Even then most communities have local laws preventing forclosure after redeployment. IMO just another person unable to manage their debt.... Which BTW is grounds for termination in the military. Ironic huh?

Agreed there are safe guards out there to protect Servicemembers from foreclosures while deployed, such as SCRA. Plus the military has assistance programs for Servicemembers in financial need. Unless this was a guardsmen or reservist who's civilian job exceeded his military pay there is no excuse. IE: civilian lawyer,doctor,engineer and part time private in the guard. Even then most communities have local laws preventing forclosure after redeployment. IMO just another person unable to manage their debt.... Which BTW is grounds for termination in the military. Ironic huh?

See, I did not know all that. I think people live beyond their means. Sure I could afford a BMW. I want a BMW but that extra money I could save just in case. People dont think about the future. They only think about right now.

Hope he burned it down b4 he left!

So the property owner is left with nothing because that guy did not pay his bills? I dont understand the point of that. So if I rent my house out to an iraqi vet I should just let him stay for free? how does that work?

You dont pay your bills, you get the boot. Simple as that.

So the property owner is left with nothing because that guy did not pay his bills? I dont understand the point of that. So if I rent my house out to an iraqi vet I should just let him stay for free? how does that work?

You dont pay your bills, you get the boot. Simple as that.

And then go to prison for arson.
This!

Back
Top Bottom