• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Worst customer service ever at a custom shop (C&H Precision Weapons)

What course of action do I take?

• Total voters
A bit late now that you have named the shop, but I would have taken my laptop or phone in with me and showed the owner this thread. Point out posts number 6 and 21 and then ask the owner what he plans to do to make a customer happy (a customer that can undo all the ill will and bad publicity this post has generated by the way).

Still might be worth a try. If he doesn't resolve the issue to your satisfaction he doesn't deserve to be in business - particularly a business involving firearms that could cause serious injury or death if not handled properly. Also, if, as he says, he fired 2 people for poor performance then it's serious enough for him to make it right.

This was my exact line of thinking. I gave him every opportunity to make those decisions for himself. Once I realized he had no intentions to replace the slide and make me pay, I took a stand and made my argument.
Tbh I probably wouldn’t have paid them. Sorry not sorry. Don’t do your job, you don’t get paid. I wouldn’t have left that shop with the gun. All the odds are in your favor.

First, did you get your instructions on what you wanted done to the pistol in writing on THEIR work order and get a copy? If you didn't you could be screwed as in your word against two fired employees words who are probably pissed about getting fired. Second, if you weren't satisfied with the work that they screwed up, IMO you should've never taken possession of the gun until it was fixed the way you asked and they agreed to do it. By taking possession and paying for the work you basically told the owner you're okay with what they did.

First, did you get your instructions on what you wanted done to the pistol in writing on THEIR work order and get a copy? If you didn't you could be screwed as in your word against two fired employees words who are probably pissed about getting fired. Second, if you weren't satisfied with the work that they screwed up, IMO you should've never taken possession of the gun until it was fixed the way you asked and they agreed to do it. By taking possession and paying for the work you basically told the owner you're okay with what they did.

These thoughts crossed my mind, a copy of their work order was never provided to me.
I was so fed up with the owners attitude and arrogance that I needed to stop discussing the situation and just leave.

Years ago I custom ordered a 1911 from Wilson Combat, even though it took 6 months because they were back logged that pistol came to me EXACTLY the way I ordered it right down to the trigger pull and color of the wood grips. It could'nt have been any more perfect if I had personally made it myself, that's why I'll never have anything but high praise for Bill Wilson and his craftsmen. That was in 1999 and I still have that pistol.

Back
Top Bottom