• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Worst customer service ever at a custom shop (C&H Precision Weapons)

What course of action do I take?

• Total voters

Tusker6N

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
77   0
Reaction score
I was referred to a custom gun shop to have a red dot mounted on my pistol about 3 weeks ago. Dropped it off and talked to 2 of the employees that took my order. I clearly explained that I wanted to get rid of the current red dot mount and have the sight directly mounted to the slide. They both informed me that they would have their engineer look at it. I told them to call me if it couldn't happen.

So 2 weeks later I get a call that they milled too deep and one of the screw holes went into the striker safety housing. But don't worry, we milled it further down and we're making a plate for the sight to mount on to. (Strike 1)

A couple of days later I get another call that they lost a spring, but don't worry, we ordered another Springfield one for it. I informed them that it wasn't a Springfield part and what they needed to get. (Strike 2)

The owner made it back from a trip and I finally got a chance to talk to him.

He told me that he fired 2 employees over this job and was trying to get everything fixed.

I told him that I dropped off the pistol with specific instructions and I'm getting it back with a plate that I didn't want (dropped it off with one) to start with.

At no time did he offer to replace the slide that he admitted they screw up on.

I go to pick up the pistol and find out the the 2 1/2lb competition trigger is now a 1 1/4lb trigger (probably due to the milling) and he expects full payment. (Strike 3 and 4)

He tells me that they are a custom shop and they did custom work on my pistol. They didn't charge me for the plate they had to engineer and in the future they will be more aware of what their customer asks for.

The pistol fires and is accurate; however, I will never go back due to the service I received. I also told the shop that referred them what happened and their owner will never send people their again.

I'm so livid over this situation and attitude of this shop owner. I'm still deciding on what course of action, if any, I'm going to take against them.

What say the ODT?

I know nothing about custom machining work on guns, but I would not have been happy when they said they milled too deep. Shouldn't people with the skills and proper tools be able to easily avoid that? Or is that an easy mistake?

Please PM their name.

Back
Top Bottom