• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Worst customer service ever at a custom shop (C&H Precision Weapons)

What course of action do I take?

• Total voters
These thoughts crossed my mind, a copy of their work order was never provided to me.
I was so fed up with the owners attitude and arrogance that I needed to stop discussing the situation and just leave.
You might be SOL Tusker6N Tusker6N , I hate it happened to you, I really do but you might be screwed.

Legally I'm up a creek because I was (in my opinion) the better person when dealing with the owner. However, I will be spreading the word and posting reviews.
IMO you were the better man in that situation. I'd have started out trying to be reasonable the owner, but my patience wears out in a hurry with asshats like the one you had to deal with. Like others have said though, leave feedback & reviews on his website, facebook & yelp and any other gun related site you can think of but just be truthful. Let the surrounding gun stores who might happen to deal with or send customers to that turd know how he treated you too so they won't send customers to him. But first BEFORE you do all that I'd encourage him to read this thread and see if he wants to change his mind about making things right, a new slide done correctly the way you had asked for to begin with is gonna be a lot cheaper on his end than losing a bunch of money in future customers in the long run. When he starts thinking about how this could hit him in the pocketbook he might just want to fix things and make both of you happy. Good luck to you, I hope you can get things worked out. I've looked at your feedbacks and I hate to hear when good folks such as yourself get the raw end of a deal. :thumb:

I think the right thing for them to do (seeing as you are unhappy with their repairs and their attempts to get your gun as close to your specs as possible) is to buy you a new slide snd do it over.
The right way.
They should eat the cost of that; it is part of the cost of doing business --especially when they screw up a custom job where they know going in that the customer is going to be fussy and particular.

Now if I had dropped my gun off for that type of gunsmithing, I don't think I would be quite so fussy and particular.
I believe that I would just accept the gun as they returned to me in this finished form with the lighter trigger (assuming it's still safe and legal per the rules of the matches I enter), with good accuracy and reliability.

I really appreciate the feedback everyone is giving.

I do realize that custom work is just that and sometimes things do not go exactly as planned.

The part that really chaps me about the entire deal is the owners attitude and arrogance.

I've decided that I will leave accurate and honest feedback about my experience and let others decide on where to take their business.

Back
Top Bottom