Winter Apocalypse 2015

lol you are correct. The issue down here, that my friends from Ohio fail to realize, is that the 2" of snow will melt just that tiny bit during the day, and turn into a sheet of ice by morning. During that freeze my company told me I had to come in, and the roads were one solid sheet of ice. Luckily i only made it about a mile before I got the call to stay home.

For this year I have been slowly getting my Xterra prepped for the winter. The next project will be a dual battery system, and rear bumper to carry a couple extra jerry cans. I already have the GHB in there for the 14 mile walk home if I get stuck on post. Home wise I need to figure out a way to heat at least a small area of the house in the event that the power goes out.
True! Ice is no joke! I don't even go out if there is ice. With the power issue, I grew up in the woods & I swear if the wind blew over 10 mph we lost our power. Everything was electric there as well but my parents bought a generator and only ran essentials. I don't think natural wood burning fireplaces are common in GA but that's how my we got around the heat issue with geothermal when there was no power.

Be thankful though you don't use salt on your roads!
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_11_04_b1163d942bae2d8b53bda56f0805cc50.jpg
Your vehicles don't look like this!!

Running board from my f250, broke off driving the other day. That was fun fixing that by myself on the side of the road with my 2 year old in the truck.

I stocked up on 3 cords of firewood earlier in the year & just recently bought a Powertrax Lock-Right locker for the ranger. Since I have a 2wd truck I need to make sure both tires are spinning! I'll get snow tires as well if the rims on craigslist aren't priced so high.

2WD too. I couldn't get up my neighborhood hill and it wasn't that steep. I got some cinder blocks this year.

Don't forget "Hot hands" the warmer packs.... Works great!

Just re-stocked all of the vehicles to supplement the go-bags that already had a few in them w/ the small & medium sized Hot Hands.
They are made right here in Dalton.
A friend of mine & his family owned that co. for years & still run it after it was sold.
The small ones are ok but the bigger versions are my favorite.

2WD too. I couldn't get up my neighborhood hill and it wasn't that steep. I got some cinder blocks this year.
Be cautious with adding weight with anything that could become more hazardous in an accident like cinder blocks.

You are much better off adding weight over the power wheels using sand bags or something similar which are less likely to slide around and go flying. Plus you can use the sand for traction spread on the ice if needed.

Just re-stocked all of the vehicles to supplement the go-bags that already had a few in them w/ the small & medium sized Hot Hands.
They are made right here in Dalton.
A friend of mine & his family owned that co. for years & still run it after it was sold.
The small ones are ok but the bigger versions are my favorite.
Do you know of a good source to buy Hot Hands at a good price down this way or over the net?

Subaru awd for the win. Couple it with some blizzardks and you are GTG. I have enough hot hands to make it feel like miami, and enough canned food and water to last for a few weeks.
[Broken External Image]:

Be cautious with adding weight with anything that could become more hazardous in an accident like cinder blocks.

You are much better off adding weight over the power wheels using sand bags or something similar which are less likely to slide around and go flying. Plus you can use the sand for traction spread on the ice if needed.

Good idea man, thanks. :bounce:

Back
Top Bottom