• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Will the New screen nags be permanent?

JockeyShifter

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
141   0
Reaction score
Why are we being asked to go to forums we don't ever go to?
When I logged on tonight I was sent to what I refer to as a screen nag about places I am not interested in going to?

I don't do any trades across state lines, period.
Is this more new stuff that will be permanent?

The screen nags may limit access while people are at work, getting caught on ODT may not be what the boss likes. Things were nice when anybody could jump on ODT during the day , check out what's new then log off.

Last edited:
When I logged on tonight I was sent to what I refer to as a screen nag about places I am not interested in going to?

The screen nags may limit access while people are at work, getting caught on ODT may not be what the boss likes. Things were nice when anybody could jump on ODT during the day , check out what's new then log off.

Yep.

You can still get to everything directly from the front page still, just click on the actual forum you want. And I don't think one extra page is going to prevent people from using the site at work.

You are not the only one that uses the site, some people go to those other forums even if you don't. And there isn't any screen that pops up when you log in, you should just get the front page. If you are getting a "screen nag" whenever you log in then something else is wrong.

That doesn't mean other people don't, and not everyone on the site is in Georgia.

Honestly, I talk to lots of ODT users and not a single user has said that they prefer these changes.
Just straight honest talk Steve.

Please have all these users post in here too then, it is hard for me to consider a change if only one user has a problem with it. If a large group of people don't like it then I can justify changing it back or coming up with something different, but so far you are the only complaint I have had about it.

You are not the only one that uses the site, some people go to those other forums even if you don't. And there isn't any screen that pops up when you log in, you should just get the front page. If you are getting a "screen nag" whenever you log in then something else is wrong.

That doesn't mean other people don't, and not everyone on the site is in Georgia.

Please have all these users post in here too then, it is hard for me to consider a change if only one user has a problem with it. If a large group of people don't like it then I can justify changing it back or coming up with something different, but so far you are the only complaint I have had about it.

If we had a "like" button similar to facebook, i would click it right now.:)

Fwiw steve - ive had no problems with the website and no "nags" or whatever the hell it is......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom