• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Wife wants to take a trip to Tybee Island, any recommendations?

Pearls salt water grill is great place to eat ! It’s a few miles from Tybee but a great place seafood or steak and good bar !

If you looking for lodging. Try. Tybee beach resort. Right on the water. It’s a shared ownership place so there is always ones open. Place sleeps 6 plus full kitchen and again overlooks the water. Close to everything has pool ect. If you decide make sure you request a unit in phase one. Best view on the island. All units have a balcony AJ is the best. Along with sunrise dinner for breakfast. Light house pizza is great for take out Hockapoos is good for dine in pizza. If you looking for a good interest trip try the mighty eight 8 army Air Force in Poole about 45 minutes away. Savannah is 25 minutes from the resort. We have been going there for 16 years. The resort is the best value. Look it up. Tybrisa beach resort

DO NOT GO TO SAVANNA AT NIGHT. Stay on the island

Says the guy who can’t even spell Savannah.

Savannah at night is great as long as you hang around River Street, City Market, and Bay Street. Amazing restaurants and very good bar scene. If we weren’t in this stupid Covid shutdown I’d tell you to take a haunted open trolley tour of Savannah.

If you’re downtown, try Garabaldi Seafood, The Pink House, or Corleones Italian Restaurant.

Says the guy who can’t even spell Savannah.

Savannah at night is great as long as you hang around River Street, City Market, and Bay Street. Amazing restaurants and very good bar scene. If we weren’t in this stupid Covid shutdown I’d tell you to take a haunted open trolley tour of Savannah.

If you’re downtown, try Garabaldi Seafood, The Pink House, or Corleones Italian Restaurant.
You are correct.... i misspelled it . :becky:
SavannaH is about like most any other city....there are places you dont go at night, places you dont go day or night....then the regular somewhat safe, busy area that you dont want to be in after midnight -ish.... but is good prime time entertainment and dining. Lol.
I like the place ok. Tybee is great, was better back in the 80’s but is laid back and decent today.
I did a deal with a guy from SavannaH one time....waited a month or so for him to get up this way and pick up the pistol. Was a cool ODTer ! :cool:

Trip highlights report: thanks ODT brothers for the recommendations. We had a great time. Tops was kayaking by the old small light house and seeing dolphins right next to us. Eating at crab shack was a great experience. We sat at the bar and had Low Country boil, simply amazing. We also found a new place called Pier 16 that I think was the best of all. Also, we had excellent sushi at Raw. Overall an excellent trip and thanks again for all of the suggestions. We are planning on hitting some of the other places mentioned on our next trip which we are already planning. Good times

Trip highlights report: thanks ODT brothers for the recommendations. We had a great time. Tops was kayaking by the old small light house and seeing dolphins right next to us. Eating at crab shack was a great experience. We sat at the bar and had Low Country boil, simply amazing. We also found a new place called Pier 16 that I think was the best of all. Also, we had excellent sushi at Raw. Overall an excellent trip and thanks again for all of the suggestions. We are planning on hitting some of the other places mentioned on our next trip which we are already planning. Good times
Glad your trip went well. The only problem we had was people taking our chairs and umbrellas we had rented.

Hi,

wife wants to head down there sometime this month and since we have never been I am reaching out to the ODT brain trust on things to see and do, places to eat/drink and where to avoid. Any seafood places are high on the list.

We have a place to stay already.

any and all recommendations are greatly appreciated. And a local range would be icing on the cake. thanks
Hell ya let her go.

Back
Top Bottom