• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wife wants to take a trip to Tybee Island, any recommendations?

Earl Adams

Air Force Icon Lifetime Supporter
Survivalist
85   0
Reaction score
Hi,

wife wants to head down there sometime this month and since we have never been I am reaching out to the ODT brain trust on things to see and do, places to eat/drink and where to avoid. Any seafood places are high on the list.

We have a place to stay already.

any and all recommendations are greatly appreciated. And a local range would be icing on the cake. thanks

-Lighthouse Pizza is da bomb
-take a dolphin watching tour, they also go up by savannah harbor so you can see that cargo ship that capsized
-eat at The Crab Shack and feed the live alligators before or after some amazing seafood
-tour Tybee Island Lighthouse
-Tybee Marine Science museum
-work out at the Tybee YMCA,,,day passes are available
-tour Fort Pulaski national monument
-rent jet skis if the water isn’t too cold
-day trip into Savannah
-visit Tybee Pier at night, its awesome
-eat at The Crab Shack again

Edit: thinking about it makes me want to go one more time before it gets too cold

-Lighthouse Pizza is da bomb
-take a dolphin watching tour, they also go up by savannah harbor so you can see that cargo ship that capsized
-eat at The Crab Shack and feed the live alligators before or after some amazing seafood
-tour Tybee Island Lighthouse
-Tybee Marine Science museum
-work out at the Tybee YMCA,,,day passes are available
-tour Fort Pulaski national monument
-rent jet skis if the water isn’t too cold
-day trip into Savannah
-visit Tybee Pier at night, its awesome
-eat at The Crab Shack again

All I can add to that is hit Aj's restaurant and rent a golf cart to get around on.

Eat at AJ’s - great seafood but make reservations
Eat at the Crab Shack
Have Breakfast at the Breakfast Club
Drink at least 3 Wet Willies daily (apple jack is the best flavor)
Go into Savanah and spend a day on River Street, City Market, etc. use Uber over there. It’s pricey but much cheaper than a DUI
Fort Pulaski, lighthouse, ghost tour
Eat at the Crab Shack again
Walk on the sandbar at low tide (just south of the big pier)

Hi,

wife wants to head down there sometime this month and since we have never been I am reaching out to the ODT brain trust on things to see and do, places to eat/drink and where to avoid. Any seafood places are high on the list.

We have a place to stay already.

any and all recommendations are greatly appreciated. And a local range would be icing on the cake. thanks

It's been a few years, but the Crab Shack was good if you like fried seafood.

Savanna is most of the reason I hate Tybee...and you have to pay to park at most of the ⛱ there...mostly just Savanna other than the fresh pralines and the old cemetery every time I went it was crowded over rated and Paula Deens place sucked and definitely not worth the wait.

Back
Top Bottom