IMG_6321.jpeg
    399.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2038.jpeg
    IMG_2038.jpeg
    371.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 68200454455__399FFE04-BCB3-4AB6-AF3F-223D45A926B1.jpeg
    68200454455__399FFE04-BCB3-4AB6-AF3F-223D45A926B1.jpeg
    269.7 KB · Views: 17
I've owned two ski boats and one fishing boat over the last 10 years. Every time I sale them I regret it :lol: I told my wife recently I want to start looking again. She just shakes her head. She loves them too, and so do our kids, but each time I sold it was because it's just a PITA. I'm about 30 minutes from the closest decent lake so it's usually a planned production to plan a day out, get gear ready and loaded, etc. And if said day decides to be bad weather, then it ruins it. Then I end up not using it nearly as much as I thought I would and it goes up for sale. It's a vicious cycle. Thank goodness I've never had any maintenance issues though, they've always ran good with no issues.

Funny this was bumped. I am still on the look but Ive finally gotten around to seriously looking and listed other toys for sale.

Ive narrowed it down to 1448-16?? Jon boat with a 15-?? tiller steer or stick steer for the room. After talking with folks who fish the places we will this has been the general consensus. It will be two of us most of the time with a third when she can and a fourth would simply be going for a ride with little to no fishing. This will get us on the water and then we can decide how much we will use it and what we really need.
I'd be getting something wider than a 48. The one I had was a little tippy for my fat a** when I moved around

I have just the boat for her and it’s for sale! 2022 H22B asking $48k
I think that is a little more boat than I am looking for.
I've owned two ski boats and one fishing boat over the last 10 years. Every time I sale them I regret it :lol: I told my wife recently I want to start looking again. She just shakes her head. She loves them too, and so do our kids, but each time I sold it was because it's just a PITA. I'm about 30 minutes from the closest decent lake so it's usually a planned production to plan a day out, get gear ready and loaded, etc. And if said day decides to be bad weather, then it ruins it. Then I end up not using it nearly as much as I thought I would and it goes up for sale. It's a vicious cycle. Thank goodness I've never had any maintenance issues though, they've always ran good with no issues.
I dont want to get too big and I want to still be able to hit a pond. Most of our fishing isnt day long excursions but afternoons running to a pond or getting on Saturday morning and fishing until lunch or so. It is probably 30-45 for us as well to bigger water. Trying to keep this in mind when looking.
I'd be getting something wider than a 48. The one I had was a little tippy for my fat a** when I moved around
I assumed compared to the 1236 we currently use it would be solid.

I have owned and liked pontoons but in your situation I would look at a Jon boat minimum 16 ft x48 inch's . Smaller boats get crowded fast especially with 3 people . I am looking for one for river fishing I have a double console Targa ( Lund type) which I have set up for fishing and with a little altering can pull Grandkids on tubes . I want one with a open floor plan so it will be a tiller . The good thing about open floor is while you and son fish off front and back wife can set up a comfortable fold out chair in middle and chill . Another good thing about tiller motor is you can remove if some of the smaller lakes you are looking at fishing don't allow motors . We have a couple up here that don't allow gas motors and gas tanks .

I’ve been fishing a 14/36 Jon for quite a few years. My next will be at least something like this

Small enough for ponds, stable enough for larger bodies of water. I like wide boats. Safer, more comfortable, easier to move around. Rig it like you want.

Funny this was bumped. I am still on the look but Ive finally gotten around to seriously looking and listed other toys for sale.

Ive narrowed it down to 1448-16?? Jon boat with a 15-?? tiller steer or stick steer for the room. After talking with folks who fish the places we will this has been the general consensus. It will be two of us most of the time with a third when she can and a fourth would simply be going for a ride with little to no fishing. This will get us on the water and then we can decide how much we will use it and what we really need.
That's exactly what I had with a 25HP Honda. Loved it! Not sure I'd have loved a 15 as much as I ran some decent distances.

Nope, OP just chimed in a couple posts back at the end of August 2023 telling us he's still up in the air about what boat to buy.
OP wins Procrastinator of the Year award. (Procrastinating on a boat purchase however is smart.)

At least a 40 hp if you think you will visit any lakes.my 40 on my pf 16 runs 28 mph I have a friend same boat w 25 hp runs about 14-16 best, stays bogged down not enough to plane out.when I fill mine up with cats and 2 people it only runs about 22 mph
7C8ADE35-174A-4581-8301-1C3C78E6C192.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom