why no Bear bows for sale?

Laces_Out_Marino

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
29   0
Reaction score
Why are there hardly ever any Bear bows up for sale or trade? there are always Mathews, Bowtech, PSE..... I hardly ever see any Bears. I shoot an older Showdown and was looking to upgrade to a newer bow, I was about to trade a gun for a new in the box Mathews creed but after what I read in the comments section of the Field and Stream review of the newest bows and what they did to one of their vendors that didnt give them the best (but not worst) review it turned me off from Mathews as a company. I have heard the new Bears (like the Motive) are some great bows. and after seeing how Mathews conducts themselves, I think I am probably going to stick with Bear.

I have to say I love my mathews z7. Havent looked back since I made the switch to it, im sure you'll have no problem getting rid of your creed on here. I was in the market for one a month ago then did some research and saw that last years z7's got better reviews than the creed's and decided to go with a one year older bow since the reviews were so good. I bet you could get a good bear for trade on your mathews!! HAHAHa

I dont have a Mathews. I was going to trade a sig 1911 tac pac for the "creed package deal" that is listed in the classifieds. I shot the creed at a local dealer and loved it, the only thing I have to compare it to is my bear showdown so im sure it seems like a corvette compared to a civic.

I'm on my second BEAR Bow, the Truth II... GREAT Bow, not too expensive and it does everything I need it to do. Fits me well, shoots better than I am capable of shooting, and is truly fun to shoot with. I have shot Matthews in the past and while they too are really nice, it wasn't enough difference for me to consider switching. Good Luck on your search.

The creed has gotten the worst reviews that ive ever seen on a mathews, I was doing a similar deal for a creed until I saw the reviews, especially this years bow reviews in the feild and stream magazine. I got a z7 one year old. Im so much happier with it than I feel i would have been with the creed. Since this is the first split limb design they have done, They will probably have MANY improvements next year, however the standard bows they pretty much perfected thats why I would suggets waiting a year for the new model and reading reviews on it, or buy a z7 or z7 magnum!! Ask any bow shop owner, they are they best bows out there!!

IMG_0572[1].jpg

Also you have to agree, There is no bow out there that looks as bad A** as their design

"best bow" is such a broad stroke of a very worn brush. Best for what? Best for whom? For power/speed, I enjoy the PSE bows. For hunting, hard to beat Bowtech...Though my only Bowtech made bow is a Ross Carnivore. I wouldn't trade that bow for a truck load of Mathews bows...except for the resale potential and even with that in mind, I'd be reluctant giving up a bow I'm so comfortable and consistent with.

If your buying a new bow, its going to take time to get used to. Even if you get the same brand name...so If you have to opportunity and the cashola, why not get the bow with the best reputation, resale value, havent personally had to deal w any customer service so wouldn't know what thats like. but I consider that a win if i have had any problems w it.

Back
Top Bottom