• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why I switched to Glock.

I have also been a big fan of 1911's as Bear44 knows. I carry a Glock 19 but have a S&W M&P ordered to give it a try. The grip angle is the same as the 1911 and it points very well for me. My biggest beef with S&W is that they do not have that "19" sized gun. I will add that I shot a 30sf yesterday evening and holy cow, what a great shooter that is.

Yeah, I was the same way until what I discovered yesterday. I realized I'd never rely on it for SD again. It didn't even go on my nightstand last night. The 36 did.
It is sad man I love 1911s but reliability has always been an issue for me as well.

I have also been a big fan of 1911's as Bear44 knows. I carry a Glock 19 but have a S&W M&P ordered to give it a try. The grip angle is the same as the 1911 and it points very well for me. My biggest beef with S&W is that they do not have that "19" sized gun. I will add that I shot a 30sf yesterday evening and holy cow, what a great shooter that is.
I watched a guys S&W M&P shoot its recoil spring out the front of the gun. I would pass on anything S&W and semi auto.

Aren't the "C" models about the size of a 19?

Bear, your logic is based around training frequency and type. I would assume (from some of your other posts) that you "train how you fight". That methodologie has moved more people to the Glock than anything else.
It's what did it for me years ago, but I still have a 1911 (unxle Sam gave me my first 1911 and I'll always have one). I find, more often than not, the people that argue your logic or claim another brand is better lack the experience of "adverse" training having never gotten the whole picture. Very few guns won't run wonderfully standing still at a range and the 1911's of our father's and grandfather's are not the same as what we have today.

Reactions: MRH
yeah..as you know going to Glock to have a tune up they frown upon upgrades..i was scolded when i carried my 17 in and it had a titanium guide rod and light spring...it was replaced by a standard and my parts put in a bag.
Yep. They will do that with any parts other than factory standard. I'm pretty sure it's to avoid lawsuits.

Very well said, Bear. Handguns are tools to me. I enjoy shooting them and training with them, but I'm not a collector, and I want something that is reliable and accurate. Glocks are versatile and proven. They are the choice of most firearms instructors worldwide, the guys who really know what works because they see everything. I want something that is reliable and accurate enough to fight with and feel I can trust my life to them. Availability of parts, mags, accessories, armorers, not to mention cost are all things to consider. They eat every type of ammo I have ever tried. They take a licking and keep on ticking. They have earned my business. I've tried many types of handguns and I always return to my Glocks.

I also have G22's w/conversion barrels. Fantastic firearms.
That ability to convert so easily was a big factor in finally making the decision to make a Glock my SHTF sidearm in the first place. I think if more people understood how easy and cheap it is to do, sales of the Glock 17 would drop big time. The same is true of the 23 and 19.

Reactions: MRH
Back
Top Bottom