Why do folks post "PM Sent" for offers less than asking?

That was never the question...
I was simply saying that it is not logical to post pm sent if you are making an offer less than asking because it only draws other potential buyers attention, therefore competition.
This post will get replies that will bounce all around your original question as you have seen in a short time.

Because the seller can sell to whom they want. Also he may have it listed in several places or someone may have sent him a PM before you posted your Ill take it.

There are a plethora of reasons an I'll take it means nothing.
I get that. I'm not trying to be argumentative, I guess I just say that in hopes to make the purchase if possible. If they've sold it or committed to sell to another member, I'm good with that. I've make about half of my purchases with "I'll take it" as my opening line and immediately follow that with a pm. It's all good and I'm just a gun loving fool trying to buy a gun or two when I can

That was never the question...
I was simply saying that it is not logical to post pm sent if you are making an offer less than asking because it only draws other potential buyers attention, therefore competition.

I don't post "PM sent" when I am willing to pay asking price. It seems like a pointless post to me. Heck I hardly even haggle anymore. If the asking price isn't right for me I don't even waste my time.

I don't post "PM sent" when I am willing to pay asking price. It seems like a pointless post to me. Heck I hardly even haggle anymore. If the asking price isn't right for me I don't even waste my time.
I feel you on that man.
Same here. In fact I like to keep all of my business and purchases "off the board" if at all possible.

Reactions: MRH
Back
Top Bottom