• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who is the SKS expert here?

The fabled CIA SKS was a joke from the Century Guns that were marked CIA ( Century International Arms.). I'm sure your grandfather told that joke a bunch back in the day like my dad did. How is Paul BTW?
He's doing well, or at least as well has he can. Old age is finally catching up to that ba****d but he's still kickin'. Just about quit doing gun shows and is selling off his collections a little at a time. Actually sold his last SKS during the last gun "crisis". He had bought something like 300 of those things back in '99 for $79 each. Bunch of assorted NIB Norincos that's where I learned what each was!

He's doing well, or at least as well has he can. Old age is finally catching up to that ba****d but he's still kickin'. Just about quit doing gun shows and is selling off his collections a little at a time. Actually sold his last SKS during the last gun "crisis". He had bought something like 300 of those things back in '99 for $79 each. Bunch of assorted NIB Norincos that's where I learned what each was!

Yeah, back in the day Paul and my dad would try to undercut each other on the SKS's at the gunshows. My dad would show up with 5 crates, Paul would show up with 6. Always a competition. My dad would mark them at 99 and your grandpa would cut his to 89. My dad would have me (12 years old) walking around the show with two SKSs on my back and a sign and it seemed like every time I walked by our table he would make me take off the sign to lower the price.

I ended up hanging out at your grandpas table more than ours which I think Paul got a kick out of ( or he was too nice to tell me to get lost.). :becky:

Chinese SKS rifles where the factory code is in a rectangle or oval means that the rifle was produced for commercial , non-military, sale. Factory codes in a triangle mean military production.

Source: The SKS Rifle by Steve Kehaya and Joe Poyer.

PLAPeoplesLiberationArmyChineseP-1.jpg

Thanks, obviously I only have an arsenal 26. I did not recall that it was only those. It does sound familiar now.

Back
Top Bottom