• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WW1 WW2 1911's - Who is the Expert? Need Help

Raging Bull

Default rank <200 posts Lifetime Supporter
Tracker
24   0
Reaction score
Who is the Expert on WW1 WW2 1911's? I need help to authenticate a Remington UMC and to gets someone opinion on a few others I own. Do you know anyone around the middle Georgia area in a business or personal? Preferably around the Macon/Forsyth/Warner Robins Area. Thanks David J

The guys at Howard's Pawn are pretty knowledgeable. And they have a decent amount of local connections with other gun experts from my experience that they could possibly point you to.

The guys at Howard's Pawn are pretty knowledgeable. And they have a decent amount of local connections with other gun experts from my experience that they could possibly point you to.
I have been dealing with them for 22 years and they are great. I have checked with Matt D and Nate but they are not "experts" specifically on the 1911's. Each manufacturer made the parts to interchange but most looked different or were marked different. I just need someone to look at it or detailed pictures to tell me if it is authentic and original, including the finish.

I have been dealing with them for 22 years and they are great. I have checked with Matt D and Nate but they are not "experts" specifically on the 1911's. Each manufacturer made the parts to interchange but most looked different or were marked different. I just need someone to look at it or detailed pictures to tell me if it is authentic and original, including the finish.
Ah gotcha. Yeah Matt and Nate are good guys. I just figured maybe they'd know somebody. Not sure who else to check with honestly that I'd have confidence in.

Try Steve Janousek--he's the best at Milsurp 1911s that I know of in GA. Lives over Tifton I believe, but i have his phone # if you need it. He's a regular at gun shows; have learned loads from him as it comes to 1911s.

Try Steve Janousek--he's the best at Milsurp 1911s that I know of in GA. Lives over Tifton I believe, but i have his phone # if you need it. He's a regular at gun shows; have learned loads from him as it comes to 1911s.
Yes, please message me his number and I will contact him. Thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom