• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

who is ready for deer season?

If you are over 25 years old and born after 1/1/61 you are required to take the course BUT.... do no have to show proof of having completed the course when purchasing a license.
So again, honor system, unfortunately.

I took the course in the 90's with my teen age son.Wasnt that hard, why all the fuss? Skeered you cant pass it?

I took the course in the 90's with my teen age son.Wasnt that hard, why all the fuss? Skeered you cant pass it?
You got me. I think most people think they know everything already.
I moved here when I was young 20s and since I had been hunting since I could walk was a bit annoyed at having to take the course (wasn't required at the time in Louisiana). I took it around 1990 I guess and it was the full 2 day gig. In any case, while I could have passed the test with my eyes closed without taking the course the stories and first hand accounts that were shared did in fact open my eyes to a few realities. It was well worth the time. Just like the motorcycle safety course. I took it to be moral support for my wife (already had my endorsement from another state which Ga honored) when she was getting her license. I had been riding since I was 14 and was mid 30s at the time. What do you know... I actually learned some things.
But then I'm not one to proclaim to know everything (or else I'd have voted for Obama).

Some people are to stupid to even load a gun.The course is like you said not rocket science.To many dumbasses with guns in the woods.Had a guy tell me one time yeah I saw you through my scope.

You got me. I think most people think they know everything already.
I moved here when I was young 20s and since I had been hunting since I could walk was a bit annoyed at having to take the course (wasn't required at the time in Louisiana). I took it around 1990 I guess and it was the full 2 day gig. In any case, while I could have passed the test with my eyes closed without taking the course the stories and first hand accounts that were shared did in fact open my eyes to a few realities. It was well worth the time. Just like the motorcycle safety course. I took it to be moral support for my wife (already had my endorsement from another state which Ga honored) when she was getting her license. I had been riding since I was 14 and was mid 30s at the time. What do you know... I actually learned some things.
But then I'm not one to proclaim to know everything (or else I'd have voted for Obama).
Nope you can not fool those obammie voters smartest mofo's in the whole dang world.Ask one.

Some people are to stupid to even load a gun.The course is like you said not rocket science.To many dumbasses with guns in the woods.Had a guy tell me one time yeah I saw you through my scope.
Yep, I had a guy tell me that ONCE too. I should have removed him from the gene pool and done humanity a favor. In a moment of sanity I just removed myself from the club instead. I was younger then. Not sure how I'd react today. Probably not in an equally sane manner.... :mad:

Yep, I had a guy tell me that ONCE too. I should have removed him from the gene pool and done humanity a favor. In a moment of sanity I just removed myself from the club instead. I was younger then. Not sure how I'd react today. Probably not in an equally sane manner.... :mad:

sad but we can not kill everyone that needs it.

Back
Top Bottom