• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

who is ready for deer season?

Two weeks ago three does ran past me as I was putting the deep fence up around my vegetables by the house. Maybe 15 feet away from me.

I miss my days in AK, when I could just walk into any Wal-mart, pay $15 for a hunting license, $20 for a moose tag, and did not need to take any stinking hunter's ed course.

Last edited:
Two weeks ago three does ran past me as I was putting the deep fence up around my vegetables by the house. Maybe 15 feet away from me.
I am getting a license this year, setting my beer fridge on the back deck, and I am ready to go hunting. Saw a buck or two earlier in the year as well.

I miss my days in AK, when I could just walk into any Wal-mart, pay $15 for a hunting license, $20 for a moose tag, and did not need to take any stinking hunter's ed course.
Buy the $55 combo online and avoid safety course.

This will be my first year hunting in about 8-9 years. I have some Metro Atlanta bow areas available and I'm going to join a lease. Joining the lease definitely makes that dear meat the most expensive cut of meat I've ever bought! How much beef can I get for $1000.00 plus fuel each way 2 hours in a 2500 diesel truck, about dozen times or more?

I'm ready for less rain so my hunting property will dry out enough to get a mower in there. It's been so wet we haven't been able to mow, burn or spray anything. Went there this past weekend and the weeds are so thick and high I cant even get to half my stands on foot.

I'm ready for less rain so my hunting property will dry out enough to get a mower in there. It's been so wet we haven't been able to mow, burn or spray anything. Went there this past weekend and the weeds are so thick and high I cant even get to half my stands on foot.

We sprayed all our roads and lanes before we pulled the campers, it has 3 month kill time and not have to worry as much when fall hits. We can touch up areas at that time,saves bush hogging and cutting

Have 4 new chain on stands to put up. Already got a tripod set up over what looks like a cattle trail on a ditch coming from the lake. Just need to zero the new LR308 and its game on.

Ticks, chiggers, and snakes are out and about. Be careful out there right now and were your snake boots if you have them. BTW, anyone ever see a tick backstroking up their leg trying to get out of 100% deet. :)

Back
Top Bottom