• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who Has the Honor and Privlelge of Providing Home-Hospice for an Aging Parent

moosensquirrel

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
63   0
Reaction score
I'll go first: He doesn't know for sure how old he is as no records are kept in Indiana cornfields however he joined the marines at the close of WWII. Arthur W. Hamilton, USMC, left, gran-daughter Sara, daughter Cindi, son in law Moose, and great grand-daughter Gracelyn. Still going strong. ou-rah!
Art Hamilton USMC.JPG

I had to do it a couple years ago for my dad. Had a wonderful lady that would take care of him during the day and my wife stayed overnight. 5 months. Really hard watching him go down hill. The last week I was wondering why God wouldn’t just take him. And I will add it took its toll on me between a ****ty boss and stress at work and dealing with him.

My sister and I took care of our mom for almost eight years. My mom was a dementia patient and had to have round the clock care. It was some of the greatest times I spend with my mom, but it was also some of the worst times. My mom did not know my sister and I for the last 7 years of her life. If you are going to keep you parent in your home, have a plan, and be prepared to alter that plan as conditions change. I am proud that we were able to take care of mom, but be prepared it is a huge commitment. My mom passed 3 years ago this month.

Back
Top Bottom