• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who has had a problem with the Item Description box getting smaller as you type?

Okuma

Space Force Icon Supporter
crocodylus pontifex
Staff member
Administrator
275   0
Reaction score
Trying to find out what is causing the item description box in the new "post an ad" form to shrink for some folks.

If this has happened to you, please post in here and provide any details you can, such as:
  • Browser and Browser Version being used. Does it happen if you use a different browser on the same computer?
  • Browser add-ons being used, like toolbars, widgets, etc.
  • Are you using Windows, Mac, Cell Phone, etc. And what version are you using.
  • Any other info that could possibly be relevant.
  • Can you provide a screenshot or video of what is happening?
Hopefully we can find the problem, the developer keeps saying it's impossible, but something is causing it to happen.

every since the """ CHANGE """ when i type in the box it gets smaller and smaller till it turns into a straight line going vertical , i use internet exp , i have a old dell laptop i got in on a gun trade it has windows xp , traded a davis 380 for it ,, lol ,, back to the subject im not a computer geek so can't say much but when i get a lot of re pm it does the same thing, after about 3 or four re pm's they turn into a long line of letters , going vertical , don't think im much help here but some one might help with this problem

every since the """ CHANGE """ when i type in the box it gets smaller and smaller till it turns into a straight line going vertical , i use internet exp , i have a old dell laptop i got in on a gun trade it has windows xp , traded a davis 380 for it ,, lol ,, back to the subject im not a computer geek so can't say much but when i get a lot of re pm it does the same thing, after about 3 or four re pm's they turn into a long line of letters , going vertical , don't think im much help here but some one might help with this problem

Can you go to Help > About Internet Explorer and tell us the version it says? Also, do you have special toolbars in the browser, like Yahoo?

Dandry is having the problem too and he is on internet explorer 7, is everyone else that is having the problem using the same browser and version?

I deleted references to the PM thing trader Ron mentioned, as it is completely unrelated to this problem and I want to stay on point with this

I deleted references to the PM thing trader Ron mentioned, as it is completely unrelated to this problem and I want to stay on point with this

Copy that...did you catch my on-topic comments, though? Seems to be an IE related issue...no trouble on Linux or iOS.

Back
Top Bottom