Where can i find shad.

FishinMech

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
12   0
Reaction score
In the cartersville area. I will buy if someone can catch them. I just need some. I used to be able to catch them on the river but I havent been this year. Please help.

Go bells ferry towards canton, past 2nd entrance of bridgemill (baseball field on the left.) As soon as you start going up the hill there is an old house on the left with a big arrow and says we sell shad. Here is the nuber of the guy. He is a guide on Allatoona. 770-345-6511

Go bells ferry towards canton, past 2nd entrance of bridgemill (baseball field on the left.) As soon as you start going up the hill there is an old house on the left with a big arrow and says we sell shad. Here is the nuber of the guy. He is a guide on Allatoona. 770-345-6511

I live down the street from him, Last I saw that he took the "shad for sale" part off of his sign, if he dose have them, they will be perfect size for the river!

I have been having a hard time finding big shad.. I threw my net for a while the other day where I normally catch all sizes and could only find fry threadfins about 1" long.. would make great crappie minnows but would be tough to thread on a 6/0 circle hook for stripe... lol...

Im down on the lower hooch and supposedly we had a big shad kill too but I've had no problem catching them by the 13th St. bridge. They are schooling up so hard that it only takes like 2 casts with a 10 foot net to catch a tank full.

Back
Top Bottom