• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When to leave a negative feedback?

There are a few on here I will never deal with, been burned a few times, but the others make it worthwhile. those on my Ignore list I consider untrustworthy to deal with and time wasters... Can't Judge all the members by a few who are inconsiderate SOB's.:thumb:

I recently had someone agree to a trade that they offered and I accepted, and set up a time and place. It was set Wednesday for a Saturday meet. Today he asked if I wanted to meet for a further drive for myself and meet today. With out getting a confirmation for me he responded that he had a better deal and did not want to meet anymore.

If what you wrote is true, then that's a deal. I have found "better deals" after telling someone I would take something but I always went thru with the original agreement and never mentioned it to the seller. A deal is a deal, regardless. I take pride in my feedback and if we don't all value the feedback system then what's the feedback worth? Negative feedback is warranted so another seller can see what the history is.

If what you wrote is true, then that's a deal. I have found "better deals" after telling someone I would take something but I always went thru with the original agreement and never mentioned it to the seller. A deal is a deal, regardless. I take pride in my feedback and if we don't all value the feedback system then what's the feedback worth? Negative feedback is warranted so another seller can see what the history is.
Some of us Honor a deal once made, it shows the character we are made of, I made a deal several years ago, after confirming location and time someone offered me $100 more and a closer location, had to turn them down, they got offended when I told them I was going with the first offer, some folks just don't get a code of honor

Time and place agreed to in PM? Neg that @$$
Offers to trade an item worth less than double whatever I have listed? Negatron
Doesn't like my listing and give me free bumpskies with positive comments in the thread? Reported AND Negged
This thread ended worse than Happy Days.

I'm actually going to let it pass. I agree it warrants a negative review, but it's still up for decision up until guns trade hands. It was annoying, but I don't want to call anyone out either.

That's what I would do. Shake it off, relist your gun, and don't forget who it was and what he did. Don't talk trading with him again. Who knows, you relist, you may very we'll get a better trade anyway.
Now if everything was set up, in PM's and the other party didn't show up or something like that,,,,, I'd say nuke em.

Back
Top Bottom