• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When to buy a car.

CAMSDADDY

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
109   0
Reaction score
I know if you are in the car business today is the best day to buy a car. I know right now everything is high and inventory is low. Im not in a hurry. I have a daughter who I will be looking to buy a car for between now and her graduation in May. I want to stay between $10k and $13k and they (my wife and daughter) really like the VW Passat.
I know the market can not stay like this forever. I dont care what interest rates do unless it drives down prices. Do yall see a window to buy. I dont know what the latest climb in covid number may do. I dont know how winter or a new year will effect numbers. Would February be a better time to buy?

With that price point, I assume it is used. If so, I feel and based on experience the best time to buy a used car is between Thanksgiving and mid January. If someone has a spare vehicle they want to sell and need the money for Holiday gifts and/or to pay off the bills that come after Christmas, this is the time to sell and buy.

It all comes down to chip availability . The used market is very tightly linked to the new market.

If chips become more available, prices go down across the board. If not, prices will remain high and probably go up.

BTW , over 90% of the chips are originally sourced in Taiwan.

It sucks, but it is what it is.

Will certainly keep my eyes open and watch the market. Im hoping when back to school and the holidays start to absorb some money that prices will drop.

From what I've observed - I would say buying later is better than sooner.

That being said, flip a coin. Lots to be considered.

Back
Top Bottom