• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When to buy a car.

Will certainly keep my eyes open and watch the market. Im hoping when back to school and the holidays start to absorb some money that prices will drop.
I aint worked for a car lot since about 2012. But from my time in the bidness I can say that the best deals were made around December when it really slows down. But I don't know what the Covid rules have changed.
I have to buy a car for my grown son as soon as possible. He has about $5K to spend which makes it pretty tough. Used cars I'm seeing now are going for at least 15 to 20% more than usual. It's kinda like trying to buy a car at tax time even though it isn't.

Bought a new 2021 F150 today...$1500 below actual Sticker was the best I could do.
Wouldn't honor Ford's X plan discount
NON-turbo 3.3L V6 290hp DOHC "Baby Cyclone" w/ 10 speed auto

Bought a new 2021 F150 today...$1500 below actual Sticker was the best I could do.
Wouldn't honor Ford's X plan discount
NON-turbo 3.3L V6 290hp DOHC "Baby Cyclone" w/ 10 speed auto
That is what is happening now. A lot of dealers are selling at msrp period. I wonder when they start putting in the chips and thousands of trucks start hitting the lots we will see the 10,000 to 12,000 off sticker. Ford gotta move a lot of vehicles that has been sitting for months

Back in 2009, some Toyota dealers were giving away a Yaris with the purchase of a Tundra. Sure would be nice!

You got into that secret money. Humv, they just wanted that's interest pit off the lot. What was the sticker priced, had to be in the high 50's or low 60's.
Before fees and tax it was 38,000. Keep in mind it is a used truck, just with low mileage. Interest rate was 2.9 percent.

Bought wife a 2021 CRV awd touring 3 weeks ago could not find one anywhere in ga tri d for three weeks with a deposit at Athens Honda (Phil Hughes) where we got her last new car 2013 . They couldn’t get one ! Break away Honda Greenville had color and everything she wanted and I told them hold it and we would be their own n two hours to get it! We have 99 CRV with 276,000 miles that I knock around in . Wife has 92 ,000 on her 2013 pilot and let daughter have it! Wife’s happy!

Attachments

• D39EAC8B-2E1A-4B29-B3E5-48E0EAFD0E9E.jpeg
    D39EAC8B-2E1A-4B29-B3E5-48E0EAFD0E9E.jpeg
    275.2 KB · Views: 8
And for goodness sake people, stop telling the dealer you have a vehicle to trade until you get to the price you want to pay for the new one!!!!.....
Yep
That’s how I got my last three cars

friends with new car fever and I was interested in their used car .
Asked them to tell the sales weasel that they were keeping their current car or giving it to daughter etc

then after all the numbers are finalized , ask about the trade value, they’d call me with the trade value and I’d bring the money to the stealership.

the markup on the cars is unbelievable.
Last year evwry dealer in town was advertising $10-15k off sticker on pickups.
The window sticker has zero relationship to the actual price of the vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom