When it's not your time to go.

When your light turns green always check opposing traffic before pulling out.
You can be 100% in the right and still be dead or maimed for life.
Good investment of 4 seconds.
If you drive in Augusta proper you will see people run red lights every time.

I'm in Athens area too, is a bit safer when students out of town.
One time on Oglethorpe approaching Sunset following a p/u.
Light at Sunset turned yellow then red for us in plenty of time
to stop. P/u brake lights never came on he just rolled right thru
the intersection at about 30 mph while opposing cars both
(fortunately) waited.

I'm with others that mentioned, NEVER just go when light turns green. ALWAYS look both ways before because rode a call awhile back where lady did just that. The log truck wasn't able to stop and WHAM!!!!! Took the entire front end of her Silverado off. Yes, you can get deaded REAL fast. Be safe guys and always look then proceed ;)

I was rolling up to a red light last year, in my brand new truck, had less than 1,500 miles on it. The light turned green, so I went on through. I was hit on the right rear quarter panel by some idiot that blew through the red light, he was turning right. Knocked me completely off the road, onto a golf cart path. He pulled over in the right turn lane ahead of me. I heard cursing in Spanish from the open window. As I got out to look at the damage on the other side, calling 911, he took off on to the right turn and vanished before I could get a picture. Cops never did find him, over $8000 in damage.

Amazing that a street sign was strong enough to launch a vehicle. I wonder who was watching out for him.

I think the CURB he hit initially launched him upward, and then the two metal poles that he bent to that 45° angle continued the upward shove, adding a couple of feet to his altitude gain.

Back
Top Bottom