When it's not your time to go.

Several months back I was sitting at a red light with a city bus to the right of me. Light goes green, I start ahead straight across intersection, bus was turning a right, thats when I heard brakes locking up. Joker just missed TBoning me and caught the bus in the side rear quarter panel as it was turning. Old dodge 1500. He probably went through that red light at 50-60 mph. Bothered me for weeks.

When your light turns green always check opposing traffic before pulling out.
You can be 100% in the right and still be dead or maimed for life.
Good investment of 4 seconds.

I did that, theres a curve in the road that comes out to a red light where guy was coming from, can only see about 30 yards of the road. No one was there when I went, he was hauling butt around that curve and down a hill.

I watched a car spin out of control on 75 northbound just before 575. He spun from the right lane across all lanes of traffic and rested sideways against and parallel to the median wall. No one hit him as he spun across all lanes of traffic and it seemed that he barely touched the median wall with the side of the car. His car came to rest right there against the wall and out of the way.

Wow-

I'm in Athens, 35,000 students, most on their phones when driving.

I never ever go on green - I always check cross traffic. Other day need to make a left turn, and oncoming traffic blew the red light a good 2 seconds after turning. Fortunately, you develop a "feel" for those fools, and I wasn't in such a hurry that I needed to turn in front of him.

one of my wife’s friends was hit like that. Insurance tried to tell her she was at fault. Said she should have looked better before pulling off

Back
Top Bottom