• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

when a brand new user posts an ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

chucklenut

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
362   0
Reaction score
and automatically hit disable comments after listing an item stupid high, it makes me think thats its someone familiar with the trader that has an alternate account

usually new members take some time to figure out the basics (disable comments is not something i figure a new member would think to click on)

yalls take?

It is an option that's listed as you scroll down in the process of listing an ad.

Disabling comments, just means that the price is too high.
lol true

but i still figure a first time poster wouldnt think to do that unless they have creeped on here before or something

I disable the comments...but that is only more recently..... I appreciate the comments about it being a "great item" or "great price"...but I think it clutters the ad. To each their own.....

I disable the comments...but that is only more recently..... I appreciate the comments about it being a "great item" or "great price"...but I think it clutters the ad. To each their own.....
ya but you also have over 5K in posts and over 30 transactions lol

im not bashing the disable comments feature in general (i dont use it but i dont see an issue with it) i just think its a bit funny when a brand new user does so and lists a 400 dollar glock at like 650

I'd venture a guess that about 95+ % are current members with alternate accounts. The only reason you would disable comments is to prevent a **** storm and how is a newb gonna know that the price would cause that?

and automatically hit disable comments after listing an item stupid high, it makes me think thats its someone familiar with the trader that has an alternate accountusually new members take some time to figure out the basics (disable comments is not something i figure a new member would think to click on) yalls take?
Or it could be a MOD that has the common sense to shut off the comments instead of infractions for half the site... Your welcome :)

Last edited:
I don't have any alternate accounts. I don't want to start all over again. And to me reading the comments is just as good as selling whatever it is I posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom