• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's your best guess on approval date?

CitizenK

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
58   0
Reaction score
I just mailed in my paperwork for approval for a suppressor - shout out to Jake at Quiet Riot - thanks for walking me through the process!

What's your best guess on the approval date?

Winner gets a one year ODT sponsorship.

-Mike

today - 02/14/13

I mailed mine for a suppressor as well back in Nov. on the 20th. Check cashed on Dec 6th and pending on Dec 20th. I called the ATF and got my pending date. They told me 6 months from pending date. So probably looking at the end of June.

As for yours I'm willing to bet yours goes pending the beginning of March. So 6 months from March. So probably approved beginning of Sept and stamp received with in 30days max after approval! :)

It is going to be interesting. Lots of SBRs got sold in the Great Firearms Panic of 12/12. The question is did people pin barrel extensions or did they send them in for the stamp? Either way it will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. My guess is 7.5 months, but I hope I am wrong because I have an SBR in queue, and I need to do a suppressor very soon.

Tomorrow will be 6months from the day I mailed mine out. Im guessing its approved, and is currently being mailed to my dealer.

If you want to know for certain, just give the ATF a call and ask them. Just have your serial # handy. They will tell you the date it was pending, approved or mailed to your dealer!

Back
Top Bottom