What's up with (some) LGS not bothering to list their inventory?

In addition to several other responses, it also costs money...and there's no reason to pay someone to list items that are in stock for a brief time when there is such a demand.

They can’t keep up with local demand inside their doors. Why waste a bunch of time listing it online when it will be gone in 12 hours anyway.

I guess so. (Wonder why Ga Gun Store and Dahlonega do so) I know I won't waste my time driving to look for something that I have no idea is even in their building. They check these in their system. Surely someone can crank crank out a csv file and copy and paste the info into an email or web site. It really isn't that hard.

I guess so. I know I won't waste my time driving to look for something that I have no idea is even in their building. They check these in their system. Surely someone can crank crank out a csv file and copy and paste the info into an email or web site. It really isn't that hard.
And as soon as they do, the inventory is gone and someone has driven two hours and they don't have it.

This is my little petty rant but it drives me nuts. (Ga gun store and Dahlonega Gold and Pawn are exempt from this rant). Why do some of these gun stores bother posting a picture of a pile of guns and don't bother with any sort of information on types or pricing? Ga gun almost always has pricing listed and Dahlonega will answer a PM in minutes (and the price is listed as well) Do these other stores really feel like people are going to load up and drive to the store just to see if maybe they have something in stock? Half the time they wont pick up the phone if you call?! I feel like I'm bothering them if I try to buy a gun these days. I guess business is just that good.

My guess is that the pictures you're seeing of the guns on display aren't what's there now...

This

Also check online auctions. Gun store here is listing some high demand items to milk them.

Milk=profits to pay for things like salary, taxes, lights and replacement inventory and what we call taxes. If you have a used truck you could sell it to me for $3.50 or you can milk it on Autotrader for $12,000 what are you going to do ? Congrats on your guy winning the election.

"Do these other stores really feel like people are going to load up and drive to the store just to see if maybe they have something in stock?"

Yes.

Back
Top Bottom