• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's up with (some) LGS not bothering to list their inventory?

Cadcom

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
505   0
Reaction score
This is my little petty rant but it drives me nuts. (Ga gun store and Dahlonega Gold and Pawn are exempt from this rant). Why do some of these gun stores bother posting a picture of a pile of guns and don't bother with any sort of information on types or pricing? Ga gun almost always has pricing listed and Dahlonega will answer a PM in minutes (and the price is listed as well) Do these other stores really feel like people are going to load up and drive to the store just to see if maybe they have something in stock? Half the time they wont pick up the phone if you call?! I feel like I'm bothering them if I try to buy a gun these days. I guess business is just that good.

It was very common under Carter to not advertise inventory (news paper or magazines at the time) and not advertise prices. We are there again. The medium may be different, but the underlying economic factors are not.

It was very common under Carter to not advertise inventory (news paper or magazines at the time) and not advertise prices. We are there again. The medium may be different, but the underlying economic factors are not.
Hmmm... Thanks J jeep78 for that bit of info from the past, food for thought.
Did not recall that until you brought it up.

I think it’s just lazy.

NWSharpshooter said:
They can’t keep up with demand inside their doors.
Why waste time listing it online when it will be gone in 12 hours anyway.
Bingo. When employees spend time pitching pennies or dusting off boxes
is time to spend money on advertising. Not when everything is going from
loading dock to cash register. Keep them doggies rollin', Rawhide!

Also, once you post a price on line it's out there. If suddenly things change and you can get more, a posted price makes it harder.

I remember during the 2013 panic almost all the ads in Shotgun News (now Firearms News) switch from posted prices to 'Call".

Back
Top Bottom