• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Something is bothering me!

I was watching one of those crime shows on TV. I don't know which one but it was just ones that narrate about their hunt for serial killers and all that stuff. He made mention of going into the suspect's house before the man was there but he had a warrant. Now it just been maybe me or just that he's a slob but he made the comment that there was something wrong with this guy. Obviously since he's a serial killer but his comment took me back. He said he noticed right away that there was a problem with him because he vacuumed the carpet and there were straight lines. Now my mother taught me to vacuum in straight lines because it tells you where you've been that way you don't miss any place. Just like you would a well manicured yard. You would mow slightly overlapping the last pass just to make sure that the lines were straight, no blades are missed and it looked somewhat presentable. I guess my few years I worked at a golf course kind of played a part in that but I've always done it that way. So down to the question at hand. How many of you vacuum in a pattern to make sure you get complete coverage? Or do you vacuum in no particular pattern and just consider that done? I know this is a ridiculous question but that police officer really had me thinking that was maybe something wrong with me ( well I am a little off 😂 ) but I'm far from being a serial killer or just freaking all out deranged.

My father used to make me so mad. Because at the time I worked at the golf course I would come over and mow my parents' yard for them. I would make sure I mowed in absolutely straight lines and then did two outer perimeter cuts to make it look real manicured. Well when my father got home the first thing he would do is crank up the mower and go out and do two figure eights in the middle of the front yard that I took a lot of time and concentration to get looking as beautiful as possible. I don't know what it was about it but it just really pissed me off! My mother would cuss up one wall and down the other asking him what the heck he was thinking. He was a very easy going laid back individual and kind of just let it go in one ear and out the other and had no clue at what he had done. I sometimes think he did it just to spite me.
Straight lines eh? (where'd you bury him?) (asking for a friend :eyebrows:).

• Haha
Reactions: GFB
I was watching one of those crime shows on TV. I don't know which one but it was just ones that narrate about their hunt for serial killers and all that stuff. He made mention of going into the suspect's house before the man was there but he had a warrant. Now it just been maybe me or just that he's a slob but he made the comment that there was something wrong with this guy. Obviously since he's a serial killer but his comment took me back. He said he noticed right away that there was a problem with him because he vacuumed the carpet and there were straight lines. Now my mother taught me to vacuum in straight lines because it tells you where you've been that way you don't miss any place. Just like you would a well manicured yard. You would mow slightly overlapping the last pass just to make sure that the lines were straight, no blades are missed and it looked somewhat presentable. I guess my few years I worked at a golf course kind of played a part in that but I've always done it that way. So down to the question at hand. How many of you vacuum in a pattern to make sure you get complete coverage? Or do you vacuum in no particular pattern and just consider that done? I know this is a ridiculous question but that police officer really had me thinking that was maybe something wrong with me ( well I am a little off 😂 ) but I'm far from being a serial killer or just freaking all out deranged.

My father used to make me so mad. Because at the time I worked at the golf course I would come over and mow my parents' yard for them. I would make sure I mowed in absolutely straight lines and then did two outer perimeter cuts to make it look real manicured. Well when my father got home the first thing he would do is crank up the mower and go out and do two figure eights in the middle of the front yard that I took a lot of time and concentration to get looking as beautiful as possible. I don't know what it was about it but it just really pissed me off! My mother would cuss up one wall and down the other asking him what the heck he was thinking. He was a very easy going laid back individual and kind of just let it go in one ear and out the other and had no clue at what he had done. I sometimes think he did it just to spite me.
you have too much time on your hands!
let the past go & move on!

Even though....

1698777188695.jpeg

I just can't. I'm getting soft.... :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom