What's the problem with Taurus??!

I owned a Taurus 357 mag and carried it daily, until I was shooting it at the range one day. While shooting double action the hammer froze halfway back. I tried to get the hammer to fall by pulling the trigger a couple times but the whole thing was locked up. Taking my finger off the trigger I turned the gun over in my support hand to inspect it (I know that was dumb, but this all happened in a manner of seconds) and it went off on it's own, taking a piece of my index finger with it and burning my thumb and middle finger.

A gunsmith said it was caused by Taurus' "Safety" lock, now I don't trust Taurus. If I had to use it in a defensive situation, what was preventing that gun from seizing up when I needed it and then going off when I didn't.

For that matter I wont buy a S&W with the lock either.

Last edited:
they use to suck, gotten alot better though. known for being ghetto trash back in the day. now known as budget handguns

noting wrong with them

I had a Millineum that broke while firing it.Tarus fixed it free.Happens to Kimbers also.The best guns I`ve owned,as far as being totally reliable after thousands of rounds,were two Rugers.(P94 and P93)

Ive owned Taurus/Rossi Revolvers, all flawlessly preformed EVERY time I pulled the trigger. Cannot speak for the Semi autos. To each his own though. I don't think anyone you shoot with it is gonna say "You couldnt have shot me with a glock you cheap SOB?"

Taurus started out as a company that made knock off revolvers, bought Beretta 92 plant in Brazil, started copying and making 1911's. Most everything they've knocked off they've done a damn good job of. I've heard people pulling Taurus 1911's out the box and being Kimberly/colt reliability and bells and whistles, nothing but great reviews on their 92/96 clones. Or revolvers, but when they make their own auto loading pistol, you'll hear horror stories.

Back
Top Bottom