• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Whats it worth thread would be great

"Free Market" is an economic term.
"Current market value" is a sellers term.
"Price gouging" is a buyers term.

They mean the same thing.

The problem is that an items worth is never concrete. "Worth" is a term used to describe value to different individuals.

I agree, the suggestion was more for items that do not get posted buy the hundreds everyday. I think we all know what 5.56 ammo and pmags are going for but may like a ballpark value opinion on a WW2 PO scope

"ballpark value opinion on a WW2 PO scope "

That would be a great idea but judging from the 2 or 3 positive post in this thread taht would be far from what it would turn into. You would have to weed through so much crap you would give up on anything factual.

At the end of the day it is worth what the buyer gives to seller. Not more, not less.

"ballpark value opinion on a WW2 PO scope "

That would be a great idea but judging from the 2 or 3 positive post in this thread taht would be far from what it would turn into. You would have to weed through so much crap you would give up on anything factual.

At the end of the day it is worth what the buyer gives to seller. Not more, not less.

Yea I see that, I am sorry I even suggested it at this point

One of the other forums I frequent has one and it seems to be helpful. I am not sure any of our newbie members would check it out before posting a less than reasonable price but it would be nice to get opinions on values before posting some items. Just a thought

The problem is people don't even read the site rules... I appreciate the thought but it wouldn't help us with the newbies and their stupidity (we aren't Craigslist, the gun edition :))

Not to hijack this thread but it is not just "the newbies and their stupidity". This "newbie" knows more about 1911s and Colt DA revolvers than 50% of ODT members put together. If some one were to inquire about such a fire arm as to condition and value, I would be more than willing and happy to spread the knowldege. It is getting a little old hearing that from "oldies" every other thread. This is the only reason you do not see "supporter" below my name. Still on the fence about that one.

Back to the original OP.

Yea I see that, I am sorry I even suggested it at this point

Don't be sorry you suggested something for this site. We all want this site to be the best it can be, and suggestions to make it better are worth the time, even if the suggestion is not accepted. At least you were thinking about how to make things better. Classifieds are being changed now due to a suggestion from a member.

Back
Top Bottom