• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Whats everybody prepping for?

I said this in your rant post, but most of us dont want to leave but being prepaired to is ok.

You cant stay in your home if its underwater, on fire, etc....

better to have and not need than need and not have.

with that said why does it bother you so much to be prepaired? you left NY because it was a bad place. so basically you bugged out of a bad place for a better place, its a strech but basically the same idea

No the population centers will more then likely not venture far from the city's. But remember, most of the distribution of food, staples, and parts, are from the city's. Of they are suddenly shut down how will everyone get their food and supplied if the have not prepared, at least in some small way?

I said this in your rant post, but most of us dont want to leave but being prepaired to is ok.

You cant stay in your home if its underwater, on fire, etc....

better to have and not need than need and not have.

with that said why does it bother you so much to be prepaired? you left NY because it was a bad place. so basically you bugged out of a bad place for a better place, its a strech but basically the same idea

Like I said in my previous response, I was genuinely curious about the thought behind a bug out bag. I assumed it meant you were leaving a well stocked house for the wilderness at a moments notice, which is where the term comes from, bugging out, means leave quickly with whatever you can lay your hand on in the next 2 minutes.

None of the reply's have changed my opinion. If you have a backpack in the truck in the case of an emergency, that makes sense, But I'm not leaving a perfectly good vehicle in the event of an emergency. In order for that to be of service, there would have to be some break down of society and my car stopped working at the same time. Highly unlikely. I'm staying in my car, looking for alternate routes home. No need to backpack it home. If you are driving through Colorado in a snowstorm, or some other state with wilderness and snow, you might get stranded and have to set out on foot, again highly unlikely in Atlanta, GA.

I didnt bug out of Ny, I moved, it took 2 years. No backpacks, no leaving at moments notice. Thoughtful and planned out. To me "bugging out" is leaving with a moments notice. Like you see in the movies. "Lets go now!" "Something bad's coming!" "Grab what you can." Moved, changed job, bought and sold real estate, took a lot of effort and energy.

If the house is on fire or underwater, a bag of supplies isnt going to help, i Have a credit card for short term cash needs and bank account and savings for a rental and insurance to replace whats lost. No need for a bug out bag of camping gear unless you dont have credit card or homeowners insurance (which a poster said he did)

the only time you need to bug out of the house with a bag of supplies is if you are on the run from something, like the law (not likely) alien invasion (extreme fantasy land) zombie invasion (fantasy land) the bug out bags read like a camping trip, or a hiking trip, which is what its for.

I think you guys are all sitting around waiting for the end of times, so you can go play war games with the collection of crazy weapons you own and that you indulge in too much fantasy paranoia.

Tell me I'm wrong.

Last edited:
I don’t have a bug out bag but I like to have an open mind to this. First to cover the moving, it was a stretch I was using it as an example didn’t mean it that you escaped NY.

But let’s break down you last reply. First if you and everyone are trying to get home in an emergency we already know how fast the roads turn into parking lots. Add an emergency to that and now your car is surrounded by other cars that aren’t moving. What are you going to do now stay in your car for days while your family is at home? Not me, remember you have insurance.

Ok now were in an emergency situation. Sorry you plastic aint worth jack anymore. No power no plastic. Same with your bank account, how are you going to get money if the tellers don’t come to work because the roadways are flooded?

Ok now were safe and set at home, were dug in and comfy. O no the house caught on fire, let’s pretend that we live in the real world and accidents do happen. I’m no criminal, but I'm smart enough to get out of a burning house.

Planning for emergencies is different that planning for catastrophic events. When a natural disaster destroys everything around you, you can’t just hope in a motel 8 till all blows over. You can grab your bug out bag and drive to somewhere safe.

Just saying have an open mind. I do not have a bug out bag but I’m not going to call people crazy for wanting to be prepared

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom